PDA

View Full Version : Roger Barker will 1772

ElizabethHerts
08-05-18, 18:51
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=or%2fbrs%2f323%2f0133
Page 72

I have found the will of Roger Barkar (sic) on this page. How do I order it? It is Ely Consistory Court.

kiterunner
08-05-18, 19:22
The info on FMP says
"Locating the original documents
Where are the originals held?
The original wills are now held at Cambridgeshire Archives & Local Studies. To purchase a copy of the will contact Cambridgeshire Archives with all of the references from the index including the source i.e. BRS. They will then advise you of the cost etc. "

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/england-and-wales-published-wills-and-probate-indexes-1300-1858-volumes-available/cambridgeshire

ElizabethHerts
08-05-18, 20:59
Thanks, Kite. I looked on the Cambridgeshire Archives website but found it hard to find anything about Ely wills.

Merry
08-05-18, 21:08
I put "Ely Consistory Court" in the search box and got 47 matches. A few of these were for individual wills, but there was also an entry that seemed to be for an unindexed group of wills, so hopefully the one you want is in that group as Roger Barker was not listed separately.

ElizabethHerts
08-05-18, 21:25
Thanks, Merry.

NickiP
08-05-18, 22:00
Familysearch have digitised some of their films for Ely Consistory Court and some are actually viewable online rather than just at an FHC - see https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/41418?availability=Family%20History%20Library.

The Original Wills for 1772 haven't been digitised yet, but the Registered have although restricted to an FHC.

Would you like me to see if they have a copy of Roger's Will as a Registered Copy (I note that index says CW which I would imagine is Original if its anything like Suffolk, CR would have been registered)? I should hopefully be going to the FHC on Saturday?

ElizabethHerts
09-05-18, 05:22
Nick, that is such a kind offer. If it's not too much trouble could you please look for me? I'd be very grateful.

I view quite a lot of wills on Family Search. It's amazing what is on there.

NickiP
09-05-18, 11:08
Elizabeth, its on my list, I'll see what I can find. For that date you would have expected a Registered Copy as well as original.

I've done quite nicely out of FS and their digitised films of Wills, just waiting for them to digitise some more. Been well worth the petrol and 35 mile round trip to go and have a look for those on restricted access!

Nicola

ElizabethHerts
09-05-18, 15:15
Thanks, Nicola! Sorry for having got your name wrong before.

NickiP
13-05-18, 17:47
Hi Elzabeth, found the registered copy of Roger Barker's Will. If you would like to private message me an email address I'll email you a copy, although, as I'm sure you appreciate, this is done on the grounds that the image is not reproduced anywhere as it is copyrighted to Familysearch and now that we have to login to view anything, it could be traced back to me if this should happen!

Nicola

ElizabethHerts
13-05-18, 18:25
Hi Elzabeth, found the registered copy of Roger Barker's Will. If you would like to private message me an email address I'll email you a copy, although, as I'm sure you appreciate, this is done on the grounds that the image is not reproduced anywhere as it is copyrighted to Familysearch and now that we have to login to view anything, it could be traced back to me if this should happen!

Nicola

Nicola, many thanks. Of course, I will not reproduce it. Sometimes I upload will transcriptions, but never the original will.

I will send you a PM. Again, many thanks for your efforts.

NickiP
13-05-18, 19:21
Nicola, many thanks. Of course, I will not reproduce it. Sometimes I upload will transcriptions, but never the original will.

I will send you a PM. Again, many thanks for your efforts.

Hi Elizabeth

Email just sent.

I didn't think you would or wouldn't have offered, but have to cover my backside just in case.:D

Nicola

ElizabethHerts
13-05-18, 21:19
Thanks, Nicola, it's really useful as one of Roger's nieces went to live with him and he mentions her in the will.

Now all I have to do is work out which niece he calls "Molly". Probably Mary, but we also have Sarah Andrew and Frances Andrew.