PDA

View Full Version : Wikitrees

Kit
28-03-18, 04:59
Before anyone says anything I know not to trust them.

However I decided to google my grandmother and the first thing that came up was wikitrees so I looked out of curiosity.

The facts that are there are correct although I do not know the owner. I wonder if he just puts up information from somewhere.

Anyway, at the bottom of the page it says my Grandma is "23 degrees from Amelia Earhart, 28 degrees from Chris Ferraiolo, 32 degrees from Charlton Heston and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree."

Does that mean wikitrees think she is somehow related to these people?

Jill
28-03-18, 06:24
Sounds more like that six degrees of separation thing - where you can link to anyone in the world via a friend of a friend (you are allowed a link of 6).

I bet this one uses relationships via marriages - I can do me-mum-granddad-his sister great aunt Beatrice-her husband Llewellyn - his sister Anita- her husband William George - his brother David Lloyd George = 9 degrees between me & David Lloyd George

Kit
28-03-18, 06:32
ok. That makes sense.

I wonder how I know the Queen? There is a wedding coming up after all.

I used to be 4 degrees of separation from almost anyone famous. I went to uni with Baz Luhrmann's sister. Can't claim that now. I don't (knowingly) know anyone who knows her now. Slight exaggeration there but it was very useful when playing the game. :)