"The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page. "

Is this happening to everyone, or just me?

WendyPusey
01-01-10, 17:46
I just tried it and got the following error.

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

Looks as if they are having problems.

kiterunner
01-01-10, 17:49
Thanks, Wendy. I can get the search on the home page to work, but of course it often comes back with way too many matches compared to the advanced search.

Merry
01-01-10, 18:29
I didn't know there was an advanced search on Family Search. Where do I find it, please?

kiterunner
01-01-10, 18:38
It's just the normal Search, Merry, as opposed to the search on the home page. If you point to the "Search Records" tab, the top choice is "Advanced Search", so if you click on "Search Records" it takes you there by default, and there is also a link to "Advanced Search" on the home page next to the Search button. But it will just be the same search that you always use!

Tilly Mint
01-01-10, 18:39
Merry, i type FamilySearch in google and it comes up on the 1st post.

Merry
01-01-10, 19:01
It's just the normal Search, Merry, as opposed to the search on the home page. If you point to the "Search Records" tab, the top choice is "Advanced Search", so if you click on "Search Records" it takes you there by default, and there is also a link to "Advanced Search" on the home page next to the Search button. But it will just be the same search that you always use!

Oooh, blimey! I've never seen their home page before! lol (just looked at it). Thanks for sorting me out!

Mary from Italy
01-01-10, 19:02
I've been having this problem on and off today, but if you just repeat the search, it usually works.

kiterunner
01-01-10, 19:07
Seems to be working o.k. for me now, cross fingers.