PDA

View Full Version : A big ask. Does anyone fancy transcribing a will from Ancestry for me?

Margaret in Burton
28-11-17, 16:43
https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_phsrc=UMX199&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true&db=canturburyprerogativecourt&so=2&pcat=ROOT_CATEGORY&gss=angs-g&new=1&rank=1&MS_AdvCB=1&gsfn=john&gsfn_x=1&gsln=haworth&gsln_x=1&ossyear=1794&ossyearend=1847&gskw=staffordshire&gskw_x=1&cp=0&catbucket=rstp&MSAV=2&MSV=1&uidh=p77

There are two pages

kiterunner
28-11-17, 16:48
Sure, I'll have a go, Marg.

kiterunner
28-11-17, 17:30
First part (for some reason the codicils go 3rd, 1st, 2nd):

This is the last Will and Testament of me John Haworth of Cliff Park in the Parish of Horton in the County of Stafford Esquire First I direct my just debts funeral and Testamentary expenses to be paid also I give devise and bequeath unto my dear Cousin Fanny Bostock only Daughter of my maternal uncle James Bostock of Barnslee in the Parish of Horton aforesaid her heirs and assigns absolutely for ever all my Messuages Tenements Lands Tithes and Woods with their appurtenances siutate in the Parish of Horton in the County of Stafford called or known by the names of Cliff Park Birch Trees Barnslee Red Cliff Dairy House Coney Green and all my Messuages Tenements Lands and Tithes with their appurtenances situate in Rushton James in the Parish of Leek in the said County of Stafford called Wolfdale and Birchen Lees and all my Lands situate in Heaton in the said Parish of Leek also I give devise and bequeath unto my Cousin Fanny Bostock her Heirs and assigns absolutely for ever all my Messuages Tenements and Lands with their appurtenances situate in Nantwich in the County of Chester and my Pews in Nantwich Church and all that my Messuage and Lands in Congleton in the said County of Chester and all my money on Mortgage all my Plate and Pictures and all my real and personal property and effects whatsoever and wheresoever whether in possession reversion remainder or otherwise also I will and direct that my said Cousin Fanny Bostock shall pay out of my personal property in one year after my decease to Henrietta Bacon my natural Daughter one thousand pounds and to James and Ann Bostock my Uncle and Aunt so long as they shall each live one hundred pounds a year and to the Revd Thomas Bowness Curate of Horton two hundred pounds and to Elizabeth Clowes Two hundred pounds and to Sarah Atherley one hundred pounds and to Elizabeth Walworth one hundred pounds and to Abel Furnival one hundred pounds and to Abel Cope one hundred pounds all to be paid twelve Months after my decease and I will and direct that my Cousin Fanny Bostock shall take the name of Haworth and I do hereby constitute and appoint my said Cousin Fanny Bostock sole Executrix of this my last Will and Testament of my own handwriting hereby revoking and making void all former Wills by me at any time heretofore made In Witness whereof I the said John Haworth the Testator have to this my last Will and Testament set my name & affixed my Seal this twenty second day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty four - John Haworth - Signed Sealed Published and declared by the said John Haworth as and for his last Will and Testament in the Presence of us who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses thereto Thomas Simister Alias Wheeldon, Thomas Gibson, William Dakin.

3rd Codicil
Codicil to my Will This paper or writing shall be taken as part of my Will and added as a Codicil thereto I John Haworth of Bladon Castle in the County of Derby Esqr do give devise and bequeath unto Miss Jane Hoskins Daughter of Abraham Hoskins of Newton Park in the County of Derby her heirs and assigns for ever all those Messuages Tenements Hereditaments Gardens Lands and all my other Buildings situate in Welsh Row in Nantwich in the County of Cheshire and two Seats in Nantwich Church with all and every their appurtenances which I lately purchased from J J Garnetts assignees In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my Hand and Seal the twenty second day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty one - John Haworth - Signed Sealed and Published by the said John Haworth as a Codicil to be annexed to his Will in the presence of - W W Lyon, Barton under Needwood, John Biddulph, Barton under Needwood, Wm Poole.

Margaret in Burton
28-11-17, 17:31
Thank you Kate

kiterunner
28-11-17, 18:00
Second (and last) part.

1st Codicil
Whereas I John Haworth of Cliff Park in the Parish of Horton in the County of Stafford Esquire have in my last Will and Testament in writing duly executed bearing date the twenty second day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty four given and devised all my Lands and Hereditaments situated in the County of Stafford and in Nantwich in the County of Chester and in Congleton in the said County unto my Cousin Fanny Bostock of Barnslee her Heirs and assigns for ever and whereas since the making and publishing this my last Will I have purchased certain other Messuages and Lands called Oxhay and Marl Sprink situated in Rushton James in the County of Stafford Now I do hereby give bequeath and devise the said Messuages and Lands called Oxhay and Marl Sprink and the Tithes of such Lands unto my said Cousin Fanny Bostock her Heirs and assigns for ever and I do hereby ratify and confirm my said Will and declare this present writing to be a Codicil to my said Will and Testament and the same shall be deemed and taken as part thereof as fully and effectually to all intents and purposes as if the contents thereof had been actually inserted and comprised in my said Will In Witness whereof I have to this Codicil set my Hand and affixed my Seal this nineteenth day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty seven - John Haworth - Signed Sealed Published & declared by the said John Haworth as and for a Codicil to his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses thereto - William Dakin - George Rogers - William Poole

2nd Codicil
Codicil 20 April 1831 I hereby give devise and bequeath the Houses Gardens Lands and all other Buildings situate in Welsh Row in Nantwich in the County of Cheshire with two seats in Nantwich Church with the appurtenances which I lately purchased from Mr J J Garnett's assignees unto Miss Jane Hoskins Daughter of Abraham Hoskins of Newton Park Esqr in the County of Derby her heirs and assigns for ever - John Haworth - Signed Sealed and Published by the Testator as a Codicil to his Will in the Presence of us - Ann Layer, William Poole, Thomas Kerney.

Proved at London with 3 Codicils 19th December 1831 before the Judge by the Oath of Fanny Bostock Spinster the sole Executrix to whom Administration was granted having been first sworn by Commission duly to Administer.

Margaret in Burton
28-11-17, 18:34
Thank you Kate. I don’t know how you do it so quickly

kiterunner
28-11-17, 22:03
Because I learned to touch-type when I was 16!