PDA

View Full Version : Also looking for worldwide Ancestry or at least Germany.

HarrysMum
12-11-17, 09:47
I'm still looking for the burial place of Julia Margaret Weaver, who died in Germany 7th February 1871.

She was known as Baroness Von Lippeworth, lady in waiting to Princess Elisabeth in Heidleburg.

Can someone have a quick look and se if her death is on Ancestry, please.

kiterunner
12-11-17, 10:47
Nothing obvious on ancestry or FamilySearch. What religion was she, Libby?

HarrysMum
12-11-17, 18:50
I don't really know. The family religion was mixed between CofE, Baptist, Methodist and possibly others. I would assume she would attend services at whatever church the Princess used. She was only a little over ten years older than her, so maybe more of a friend. I'm not sure how many staff are given the title of baroness.

Kit
13-11-17, 04:21
I tried FMP but nothing comes up.

Googling only gives the 2 notices in Trove but I figure you have seen them already

HarrysMum
13-11-17, 05:09
I tried FMP but nothing comes up.

Googling only gives the 2 notices in Trove but I figure you have seen them already

Yes thanks Toni.

I don't suppose anyone knows if she would have a death certificate in Germany....and how I'd get it. I can't work it out.

kiterunner
13-11-17, 08:43
Shona said on your old thread that "If Julia died in 1871 in Heidelberg, this was before civil registration began in Baden-Württemberg."

(See post #26 of this link.)

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16943&page=3

HarrysMum
13-11-17, 09:05
Shona said on your old thread that "If Julia died in 1871 in Heidelberg, this was before civil registration began in Baden-Württemberg."

(See post #26 of this link.)

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16943&page=3

Yes, sorry, I meant whatever they called parish records. I'm sure there must be some record of her death. Just no idea where.

kiterunner
13-11-17, 10:58
That's why I was asking what religion she was, because her burial would be listed in the records of whichever denomination she was buried by. Ancestry does have some Lutheran Heidelberg records indexed but she doesn't come up in those. I suppose you could find a paid researcher in the Heidelberg area to have a look?