PDA

View Full Version : Are you blue eyed?

Kit
26-09-17, 02:07
then apparently we are related. :eek:

All blue eyed people have a common ancestor (https://www.businessinsider.com.au/all-people-blue-eyes-have-common-ancestor-2017-9?r=US&IR=T)

Janet
26-09-17, 02:22
Interesting! No I'm not blue-eyed, Toni, but my Yorkshire grandfather was so you and he are supposedly related. Therefore I guess you and I are related. :D

Kit
26-09-17, 02:32
Welcome to the family Janet. :)

Not sure how we are going to prove the relationship though.

Janet
26-09-17, 03:01
Lol.

But you do remember we found your Taylors living in Briggate at the same time as my Cramptons in Chapel Allerton, about 3 miles apart. Were they yours or your OH's, though?

Kit
26-09-17, 03:38
The Taylors are mine.

So we have a chance!! At least mine probably met yours. :)

Janet
26-09-17, 04:22
I wouldn't be surprised. After all yours were bricklayers, mine were stone masons. I think they met on the job site.

Merry
26-09-17, 06:38
That article is really going to irritate people who already have Adam and Eve Jesus, God and Father Christmas on their trees! They will want this blue-eyed man or woman too, but they don't know his/her name in order to make the link!!!

Olde Crone
26-09-17, 07:02
I am blue eyed.

A sweeping statement surely, that only Europeans are blue eyed. Are they telling me that no blue eyed person ever went to live in Africa?

Both my parents had blue eyes. I have 2 blue eyed daughters and one green eyed daughter.

OC

Joy Dean
26-09-17, 07:49
I am blue eyed, sometimes they can look greenish :)

Kit
26-09-17, 08:50
That article is really going to irritate people who already have Adam and Eve Jesus, God and Father Christmas on their trees! They will want this blue-eyed man or woman too, but they don't know his/her name in order to make the link!!!

It is a bit annoying isn't it? lol I'm sure someone will find out his name at some point.

I am blue eyed.

A sweeping statement surely, that only Europeans are blue eyed. Are they telling me that no blue eyed person ever went to live in Africa?

Both my parents had blue eyes. I have 2 blue eyed daughters and one green eyed daughter.

OC

A very broad statement indeed. It does sound like anyone with blue eyes has European descent as well as any other option. I'm a blue eyed person who can claim Indian descent. Not counting my immediate family I can't say I've ever meet a blue eyed Indian.

HarrysMum
27-09-17, 09:17
Neither my husband nor I have blue eyes, but all four of our children do.
My husband and I are both right handed and all four kids are lefties as well.

Terri
27-09-17, 20:20
I am blue eyed, sometimes they can look greenish :)

I was thinking along those lines, Joy. There are so many shades of blue eyes ................. mine are quite dark blue, but sometimes they look greyish.

Joy Dean
28-09-17, 09:01
I was thinking along those lines, Joy. There are so many shades of blue eyes ................. mine are quite dark blue, but sometimes they look greyish.

I have been told it could be because of the Irish in me :)
Whereas my mother's eyes were blue fullstop; she does not have Irish ancestry.

maggie_4_7
28-09-17, 13:29
I have blue eyes like my father a Scot, my mum (English with some French thrown in) had hazel eyes, sometimes they looked light brown with green and other times more green than brown in fact her eye color seemed to change from one day to the next.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/eye-color-chart.htm

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/eye-color-hazel.htm

Janet
28-09-17, 16:23
Very interesting! Thanks, Maggie.

[...] my mum (English with some French thrown in) had hazel eyes, sometimes they looked light brown with green and other times more green than brown in fact her eye color seemed to change from one day to the next.

Describes my mother and her eyes exactly. And your links explain why they changed with every outfit she ever wore.