PDA

View Full Version : Muldoon/Queen

mitchey89
19-09-17, 11:09
Hi,

I am looking for any documentation or information on my grandfather.

Harry Muldoon Queen
His parents were Sarah & Harry Muldoon.

He had other siblings:
- Catherine
- Robert
- Peter
- Jimmy
names removed in case still living

He died at the age of 66.
Married Agnes Queen.

Can someone please help me out, would love to find his mother & father.

kiterunner
19-09-17, 13:02
His birth registration is listed on the website Scotland's People - born in Paisley, 1927. But because he was born less than 100 years ago, his birth certificate (or "extract") is not available to view / download on there; you would have to order it (there is a button on Scotland's People that you can click to do that, and it costs £12.

Or do you already have his birth certificate? Or would someone else in your family have it? It would give us Sarah's maiden name, plus Harry sr's occupation, and more info. If you haven't got access to a copy without paying, we might be able to figure the information out another way, though, so don't order it right away!

His death registration is also listed on Scotland's People, in 1994, age 66, in Paisley, same story as regards the certificate. And his marriage in 1956, in Paisley, and again, you would need to order the certificate as it is too recent to be available to view online.

Can you please confirm that his wife and his siblings are all deceased or have given their consent for their names to be posted on here, as our forum rules say not to post living people's details without their consent? I have temporarily removed the names but can put them back in when you have answered this.

(The marriage entry does give the full name of Harry Muldoon Queen's wife, but I won't post it up yet as I can't see a definite death record for her. You could find it with a free search on Scotland's People, though.)

kiterunner
19-09-17, 13:16
Hmm, are you sure about his father's name? Scotland's People has the marriage of a James Hunter Queen and a Sarah Ferguson Muldoon in Paisley in 1926.

Putting mother's maiden name Muldoon into the search for Harry Muldoon Queen's death record still brings back the record, confirming that the MMN was Muldoon.

There are two other deaths with surname Queen and mother's maiden name Muldoon, which look likely to be two of Harry's siblings (so I will put their names back into your post!):

Peter Queen, in Inverness in 2008, age 82 (so he would have been born about 1926) and Catherine Fergu[son] Queen, in Barrhead in 2015, age 81 (so she would have been born about 1934.)

kiterunner
19-09-17, 13:21
Peter Queen's birth registration is on Scotland's People (SP for short) - 1926, Paisley. Also Catherine Fergu[son] Queen 1933 Paisley.

kiterunner
19-09-17, 13:37
James Hunter Queen died 1950 in Paisley, age 50, and Sarah Ferguson Queen (other surname Muldoon) died 1991 also in Paisley, age 88.

There is also a James Hunter Queen death in England - Nov 1998 Stockport district, date of birth 24 Dec 1928. I assume this is the brother Jimmy who you mentioned in your post, as there is a matching birth on SP, so I will put his name back in.

kiterunner
19-09-17, 14:02
Ancestry has a Royal Navy record for James Hunter Queen born 12 Jan 1900 Glasgow:
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interactive/60522/43343_732_0-00273/276165?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.co.uk% 2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3fgst%3d-6&ssrc=&backlabel=ReturnSearchResults

He joined as a boy, age 15, and then it says he enlisted as an adult from 1918 to serve for 12 years. I'm not sure what all the notes on the page mean, so I'm not sure whether he actually stayed in the navy for the full term. He also comes up in the Navy records on Findmypast but I don't know whether it is just the same document on there.

mitchey89
20-09-17, 21:21
Hi Kiterunner,

All are dead par 1, who is in a home.

Thanks for following this up.

I will probably buy his cert, but I live in Australia and it usually takes me a good month plus to get them.

I am more interested in his brother, who apparently was half-brother, believed the name to be Robert, disappeared due to Harry's mum having a baby while the father was away at war. It is believed Robert went to the army or America. It is believed Robert is dead.

mitchey89
20-09-17, 21:23
Harry Muldoon Queen's wife, died in 2016, December.

Can you post it up or internally message me this?

kiterunner
20-09-17, 22:37
Harry Muldoon Queen's wife, died in 2016, December.

Can you post it up or internally message me this?

Her name on the marriage index was Agnes Wilson Johnstone.

kiterunner
20-09-17, 22:49
I am more interested in his brother, who apparently was half-brother, believed the name to be Robert, disappeared due to Harry's mum having a baby while the father was away at war. It is believed Robert went to the army or America. It is believed Robert is dead.

Unfortunately you can't search births by mother's maiden name on SP. There are no Robert Queen births in Paisley between 1926 and 1953. There are plenty of Robert Queen births in that time frame in other places, and eight of those are between 1939 and 1946 (if he was conceived during WW2.) I won't give more details on those on here as many of them are probably still alive, but you can look it up on SP - it is free to view lists of search results on there now, though you still have to pay to view the actual records.

mitchey89
21-09-17, 11:07
Thanks, Kiterunner,

Is there anything on Agnes Wilson Queen's parents. I believe the mother was Jean Johnstone. All are dead.

kiterunner
21-09-17, 14:13
I think you would need to get Harry and Agnes' marriage certificate to check who her parents were. There is a likely birth registration for her in Paisley in 1935, but again, you would need to order the birth certificate for more information, and anyway, you would need some way (such as the marriage cert) to check it's the right person. What country did Agnes die in, please? I can't see her death registration on SP.

mitchey89
20-05-18, 09:53
Hi KiteRunner,

I have found the Robert Muldoon that I am related to and discovered that he died in 2017. Can you help me out further?

kiterunner
20-05-18, 14:58
I might be able to, if you post up the information that you have already found out about him. I didn't realise his surname was Muldoon until now. Where did he die, and have you got a copy of the death certificate, or at least age at death?

mitchey89
28-05-18, 09:28
Hi Kiterunner,

I cannot access the death cert due to living in Australia, it takes over 2 months to arrive.

His name is: Robert Muldoon
Age at death: 83
Mother's Maiden Name: McKenna
Date of death: 2017
Date of birthday: 1934
RD Name: Johnstone

He died in Paisley, Scotland.

Thanks for getting back to me KiteRunner :)

kiterunner
28-05-18, 10:33
Sorry but I'm really confused by that. How do you know that the 2017 death is the Robert who is related to you, please? It says his mother's maiden name is McKenna, so he is likely to be the son of Robert Muldoon and Alice McKenna who married in 1932 in Blythswood district in Glasgow. In which case he wouldn't be Harry's brother or half-brother, would he?

kiterunner
28-05-18, 10:43
Ah, there is a Robert Muldoon death 1984 Paisley, age 78, MMN Ferguson, who could be brother to Sarah Ferguson Queen nee Muldoon, and if so, and if he was the father of the Robert who died in 2017, that Robert Muldoon (the one who died in 2017) would be Harry's cousin.