PDA

View Full Version : Essex records

Kit
17-06-17, 05:53
Is the only place we can see records on Seax?

I want to see if an occupation was recorded for a marriage in 1827 but don't want to pay 10 pounds for a sub.

kiterunner
17-06-17, 09:34
What parish is it, Toni? And what are the names of the bride and groom?

kiterunner
17-06-17, 09:36
By the way, the SEAX price would be a bit lower for you as it says "These prices include Value Added Tax (VAT) at the current UK rate. Subscribers from outside the EU will not be charged VAT."

Kit
18-06-17, 05:35
The bride and groom are Lydia Pettet and John Venables and the parish was Chingford in 1828. (It is 1828 not 1827 as I said above).

Thanks for the information about the price. I've only used the site once years ago and took a months sub. I think I looked at every pages available for 2-3 parishes. I needed the month to sort everyone out but never answered the question that prompted the sub in the first place. lol

kiterunner
18-06-17, 09:43
If you can get to a FamilySearch Centre then you would be able to view the Chingford PR images on FamilySearch there (if you search the Catalog for Chingford and select church records, then parish registers, it shows that images are available but if you click to view them it says " These images are viewable: When using the site at a family history center."

It seems that Essex Online Parish Clerks website doesn't exist any more, and FreeREG doesn't include Chingford (yet).

And none of the public trees on ancestry has an image of the marriage record.

So it looks as though your only options are SEAX or visiting a FamilySearch Centre.

Kit
26-06-17, 03:43
Thanks Kate. It will have to wait a while.

Chris in Sussex
27-06-17, 20:51
Kit

Occupation is not stated.

St Peter and St Paul Chingford
18th May 1828 after Banns
John Venables of this Parish, Bachelor
Lydia Pettet of this Parish, Spinster
John Signed, Lydia made her mark.
Witnesses: William Peasgood and Mary Ann Laurence, both made their mark.

Source: Seax Registers of St Perter and St Paul Chingford. WF/C83/2 RM 2

Chris

Kit
28-06-17, 00:03
Thank you so much Chris.