PDA

View Full Version : am I allowed to ask for a look up for 1939 Register ?

garstonite
31-05-17, 09:49
If it is not allowed please delete the thread .
If I am - Edward E Gynan married Lilian E Jones in South Liverpool June qtr 1936
this is my friends husbands g grandfather - he / she believes he was born Dominican Republic
So can someone please let me know where Edward E Gynan states he was born in 1939 Register please and what address he and Lilian are at please.
Thanks for reading
Allan:)

Merry
31-05-17, 09:58
Place of birth is not something that is recorded on the 1939register, Allan.

Lilian is here:

6 Elm Vale , Liverpool C.B., Lancashire

Lillian Emily Gynan dob 13 Mar 1898 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married

There is one closed record after Lillian which is probably their child b 1938. Edward is not at the same address and I can't see him elsewhere (though I suppose I've not looked very hard!)

It looks like he didn't die in this country - before I start looking for spelling errors, do you know if he died elsewhere? It's just that I was thinking his place of birth might be on his death cert, depending on who registered the death, but that might not be the case if he died in another country.

garstonite
31-05-17, 10:05
No idea Merry where he died - I know they had a son Neville Gynan ......Elm Vale is in Fairfield ,Liverpool L6 - quite a nice area - so they may have had money OR - Lilian is living in a posh house as a Domestic - Unpaid Domestic Duties - what exactly does that mean ? she works for nothing ?
thanks for your help Merry xx

Merry
31-05-17, 10:05
Edward is listed in the UK phone books in 1945:

Gynan Edward E 87 Keighly Road Colne 622

Lillian and their child are listed as travelling 1st class to Canada in 1951 on the ship Franconia. Their UK address was 14 Bickley Vicarage Malpas Cheshire.

Merry
31-05-17, 10:08
They say their country of permanent residence is here though. However I don't see any further GRO entries for either of them.

garstonite
31-05-17, 10:11
OOH Canada - no wonder we can't find any more on them - thanks very much Merry - I will have to find her rellies in Canada now - us scousers like free digs on a Holiday ...lol my friend says there was definitely a Colin Gynan - but there is nothing on Freebms for him - I wonder was he born in Canada ? and came over to England at a later date ?..
any sign of Edward going to Canada ?.....this is great info cos I can now tell her the news why we couldn't find anything on Lilian and Neville ...you're a star ....cheers

Merry
31-05-17, 10:12
Edward is in the phone books a few times up until 1951. The last time his address was 14 College Ave Waterloo 3346

Is Waterloo the old name for a telephone exchange in Liverpool/Lancs/Cheshire area?

Merry
31-05-17, 10:15
No, I can't find Edward going to Canada or anywhere else, at the moment!

garstonite
31-05-17, 10:18
Waterloo is a District of Liverpool -
Unpaid Domestic Duties ?
14 Bickley Vicarage ?
do you think Edward is a Vicar ? and Lilian does Unpaid Domestic Duties for the church ??

Merry
31-05-17, 10:20
How's your French, Allan??!! This looks like something to do with the first child:

http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/Fra/wt-ow/Pages/conts.aspx?ContNav=4&ContQ=2008-2009+Deuxi%C3%A8me+trimestre&ContC=529

Merry
31-05-17, 10:22
Waterloo is a District of Liverpool -
Unpaid Domestic Duties ?
14 Bickley Vicarage ?
do you think Edward is a Vicar ? and Lilian does Unpaid Domestic Duties for the church ??

Unpaid domestic duties is what most married women put for occupation on the 1939 register (housewife to us).

I was actually wondering if they had remained a couple as only the one child born here yet Lilian didn't leave this country until 1951.

Merry
31-05-17, 10:27
Lillian would have been too old to have another child after going to Canada.

Merry
31-05-17, 10:33
lol English!

http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/Eng/wt-ow/Pages/conts.aspx?ContNav=4&ContQ=2006-2007+Q1&ContC=1054

garstonite
31-05-17, 11:02
I think we may have crossed purposes - because XXXXX is born 1962 South Liverpool but with an E on the end - looks a different family to me

do you think XXXXX is related to XXXXXXX X (1938 child) ??...I don't - but they are both born South Liverpool ?
I will have to go and see my friend first
thanks Merry - I will put this aside until tomorrow after I find more info ....xxx

Merry
31-05-17, 11:11
The 1962 birth looks to be illegitimate, making the identity of the mother difficult, but as you say, I don't see why there would be a very close connection to Lillian and Edward. Are those two now red herrings?

Anyway, let us know what you find out!

garstonite
31-05-17, 11:37
it looks that way to me - made a phone call and the name is definitely Gynane - and XXXXX is her father in law ....don't know where she got XXXXXXX from - I found Edward E as XXXXXXX'X father .
someone must have found the name XXXXXXX Gynan and thought he was related ...this is what happens when you try and do someone a favour ...lol...Going to see her later on and sit on the PC with her and her husband - and I had better get a Large Vodka ...lol....cheers Merry - I will let you know what happens ....xx

anne fraser
31-05-17, 14:05
It is a bill for professional services in connection with a sale though it does not say for what unfortunately. However it does show XXXXXXX was in Canada in 2008.

garstonite
01-06-17, 06:03
Thank you Anne and Merry - Merry - you are spot on with the info you gave me via PM .
Stephen Gynane married Mary Birch 1934 - I have now gone back to 1891 and 1901 census through your info - thanks very much - and for the record Michael Gynane - the furthest I have gone back to in 1891 census is born Ireland - so nowhere near Dominican Republic ...lol
once again thanks and I can now close this thread as we have discovered the family were not from Dominican Republic - I will carry on researching and if I discover a link to D.R. I will let you know .....cheers
Allan

garstonite
01-06-17, 08:19
You have to laugh don't you - spent a long time on this family this morning - and details were posted about them in 2004 on Rootschat ....silly old custard that I am
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10570.msg378305#msg378305

Merry
01-06-17, 09:49
One of Michael's marriages is in the British India records on fmp (to Bridget Carry, the mother of Margaret who is on that 1891 census with him) and that gives his father's name as Thomas Gynane, if that's any help.

Tilly Mint
01-06-17, 10:27
Have you seen this thread, Allan?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10570.0

Ooops.........just noticed your post, Allan...lol