PDA

View Full Version : Christening Records on Ancestry

Muggins in Sussex
27-12-09, 07:38
I had an Ancestry sub for Xmas :)

The first christening I have found in the Christening Records 1530-1906 is for a christening in 1922
It just puzzled me :confused: - or do they actually go later than 1906?

Merry
27-12-09, 08:15
Nothing would surprise me really!! I hadn't noticed records outside the date range before with this collection, but I have seen it for other ones. Erm......you wouldn't be showing us a record for a living person though, would you Joan???!! :rolleyes: <<<< *extra, extra rolling eyes moticon*

Will you be geting the fil of the entry so you can see if there are any useful comments alongside?

Muggins in Sussex
27-12-09, 08:34
Thanks Merry!

I have deleted the link, in case the person is still alive.

Sadly it's not the record I was looking for....I think!

But if I did want to see the full entry, I presume I would contact the local records office(?):confused:

samesizedfeet
27-12-09, 08:34
Am I being really stupid?

That link is taking me to the baptism in someone's tree. But the name of the parents in the tree are completely different to the parents on the baptism!?!?

Merry
27-12-09, 08:46
The link just took me to a baptism record??

Merry
27-12-09, 08:49
For what it's worth there don't seem to be any other baps for children of that couple. The mum was aged 39 when the boy was born and I can't see a marriage for the parents! That's it.

Merry
27-12-09, 08:52
Oh, and the father doesn't exist! Erm, are you sure the are not yours, Joan???!

Merry
27-12-09, 08:56
Having done some more searching, there are a lot of baps in that collection outside the date range. :(

Muggins in Sussex
27-12-09, 08:58
Am I being really stupid?

That link is taking me to the baptism in someone's tree. But the name of the parents in the tree are completely different to the parents on the baptism!?!?

How strange!!!

Oh, and the father doesn't exist! Erm, are you sure the are not yours, Joan???!

LOL Merry - now I'm really intrigued :)