PDA

View Full Version : City of London and Tower Hamlets Cemetery Registers

Sue from Southend
02-05-17, 14:42
These were updated on Friday and I have found five direct line burials today. Well worth a look if you have missing ancestors in that area

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=61263

NickiP
02-05-17, 21:26
Yes it does say updated, but I've never seen them on Ancestry before so I think its likely to be a mistake unless they updated them immediately they were launched.

That said, I've found fourteen direct line ancestors buried there and several of their siblings.:)

Jill
03-05-17, 06:23
Oh wow! My great great grandparents are there with their infant son Frank, thanks for the tip off Sue :)

Sue from Southend
03-05-17, 07:17
Yes it does say updated, but I've never seen them on Ancestry before so I think its likely to be a mistake unless they updated them immediately they were launched.

That said, I've found fourteen direct line ancestors buried there and several of their siblings.:)

Well I wondered whether I'd actually seen them before too but put it down to my dreadful memory :d

I haven't even started looking for extended family on this database yet - could take a while!

Lindsay
03-05-17, 09:06
Thanks for the tip. With just a quick look I've found my gg-grandfather, so now I need to get organised to see what other burials I'm missing from that area. It's bound to be a lot!