PDA

View Full Version : Pettyfoggers and Vipers

Phoenix
01-03-17, 16:35
Looks like a fascinating book.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ePqwECp_YNwC&pg=PA188&lpg=PA188&dq=rosyer+attorney&source=bl&ots=w1riEXq0sT&sig=RhiDP9BNL6V_Cnx-JKrNUfr8pvc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9zZO1prXSAhVHIcAKHewYAYMQ6AEIHzAB#v=sn ippet&q=rosyer&f=false

As it was published in 1986, I can't see the whole book.

Second hand copies seem around the £50 mark.

Can anyone find anything either cheaper or accessible in a library near London?

I'm only interested in the footnotes, which aren't online, to discover the sources used.

kiterunner
01-03-17, 16:45
There are some used paperback copies on Amazon for around £20, but watch out as the one at the top is despatched from the US:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0521890837/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=&sr=

Phoenix
01-03-17, 17:15
Thanks, Kite.

Mary from Italy
01-03-17, 18:00
If you click on "Find in a library" on the left-hand side of the page and then enter your location, it'll find the nearest library to you that has a copy. I entered "London", and loads of hits came up.

kiterunner
01-03-17, 21:45
But those are all university libraries, except for the British Library, aren't they, Mary? I don't think they would let non-members in.

But maybe this one - Public Record Office, Surrey, TW9 4DU?

Mary from Italy
02-03-17, 00:29
Oh sorry, I didn't realise that.

Uncle John
02-03-17, 10:52
But those are all university libraries, except for the British Library, aren't they, Mary? I don't think they would let non-members in.

But maybe this one - Public Record Office, Surrey, TW9 4DU?

It's surprising what can be done with an inter-library loan. A few years ago I used my local library to request a privately-published book from Newcastle University library. I was most surprised to receive it for the princely sum of 50p.

Phoenix
02-03-17, 13:39
It's surprising what can be done with an inter-library loan. A few years ago I used my local library to request a privately-published book from Newcastle University library. I was most surprised to receive it for the princely sum of 50p.
I think a building firm owns my local library now!:(

But I feel another trip to Kew coming on!