PDA

View Full Version : Could someone with FMP

Kit
21-01-17, 03:49
please look up this record and tell me what the crossed out thing next to the baptism for Charles Edward Trevelyan Dixon says?

Dixon Baptism (http://search.findmypast.com/record?id=s2%2fgbprs%2fleics%2f102180858%2f00095&parentid=gbprs%2fleics%2fbap%2f00409981&highlights=%22%22)

I've just realised the father is the minister. You think he'd get his own child correct lol

Merry
21-01-17, 08:11
But he doesn't want you to read it because he crossed it through!! lol :cool:

The middle line reads "Charles Edward" (in inverted commas), and I feel I should be able to read the top line as it doesn't look difficult, but it's not happening at the moment. The bottom line might be obvious if I could read the top line!

Oakum Picker
21-01-17, 09:06
Pretty sure the first word is 'Publicly'. The 2nd looks like it ends in '---ictured

kiterunner
21-01-17, 09:06
The first word is Publicly.
(edit - snap, Glen!)

kiterunner
21-01-17, 09:08
And the second word must be "registered".

kiterunner
21-01-17, 09:09
But he is on FreeBMD as Charles Edward T Dixon, so the note must have been wrong (hence it being crossed out), or they managed to go back and get the registration corrected very quickly?

kiterunner
21-01-17, 09:32
Could the beginning of the last line be C'tified and then somebody's signature?

Oakum Picker
21-01-17, 09:49
He did the same for a child on the previous page which was correct. That is at least legible. He obviously thought the same had happened to the 2nd child & then scrubbed it out when he realised he was in error.

Whilst I'm here may I recommend that all those with Leicestershire interests or any databases where the originals are shown, take time to browse - you'll be amazed at what you might find.

Kit
21-01-17, 11:57
Thanks everyone. He did do similar for another child but didn't cross it out. The birth cert was missing one of the child's baptised middle names.

What Kite thinks is the signature may well be JMurray Dixon as the Murray bit at least looks like his signature on the other side of the page.

Even with your deciphering I still can't work it out. He did a good job striking it out.