PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Church Records and Kirk Session Records 1658-1919 - FamilySearch

kiterunner
01-12-16, 08:15
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/2390848?collectionNameFilter=false

Records of Church of Scotland synods, presbyteries and kirk sessions containing registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials originally filmed at the National Archives of Scotland, CH2 series.

They have indexed over 300,000 records so far; I assume more to come. No images, though. The searches I have tried so far suggest that they have been concentrating on the 19th century records.

kiterunner
24-06-17, 10:52
This has just been updated, but it says 302,522 records and according to my post above, there were over 300,000 last December, so I'm not sure what's changed.

Kit
26-06-17, 12:36
Thanks Kate. I'd love images but SP wont be letting that happen, I wouldn't think.

kiterunner
26-06-17, 12:40
Ooh, Scotland's People says "When will kirk session and other church court records be available?

We are in the final stages of development of a gazeteer-based search system for the site that will allow access to thousands of volumes of kirk session and other court records."

So, hopefully we will be able to use FamilySearch's index to give us an idea of what to look at on SP, as they seem to be saying that they will not be indexing them by name on there. Hope they won't cost too much per view though!