PDA

View Full Version : any guide lines please? 6 x g grandparents

garstonite
03-11-16, 06:42
Abraham Haslam marries Anne Weston 13th October 1755 in Bowdon ,Cheshire .
no other details on Familysearch or Cprdb

has anyone any sites covering Cheshire where I might find the ages of Abraham and Anne and any possible parents??

thanks for reading :)

kiterunner
03-11-16, 07:23
It's on FMP, Allan:
http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbprs%2fchs%2f4018853%2f00749&parentid=gbprs%2fm%2f770612736%2f1&highlights=%22%22

But it doesn't give their ages or parents. They married by banns, both of the parish of Bowdon, he was a weaver, she was a spinster, witnesses F Booth (who was a witness at nearly all the marriages on the page) and Moses Steele.

ElizabethHerts
03-11-16, 07:58
I'm throwing this in as it's the only one I have found so far:

Name: Abraham Haslam
Baptism Date: 4 Oct 1727
Baptism Place: St Chad, Rochdale, Lancashire, England
Father: James Haslam
Mother: Jane
FHL Film Number: 1342495 IT 1-9

Rochdale is 30 miles from Bowdon.

Oh, you can discount that:

Baptism: 4 Oct 1727 St Chad, Rochdale, Lancashire, England
Abram. Haslam - Son of James Haslam & Jane, his wife
Abode: Ffalinge
Source: LDS Family Search

Burial: 18 Oct 1727 St Chad, Rochdale, Lancashire, England
Abram Haslam - Son of James Haslam
Abode: ffalinge
Source: LDS Family Search

From Lancashire OPC

garstonite
03-11-16, 09:53
OK ...Thank you both ...just thought there may be another site I was not aware of...never mind ...I will keep searching
my 5 x g grandparents were Timothy Haslam and Anne Valentine who married 24/11/1795 Carrington,Borough of Trafford - ...I can't find any details on Anne Valentine either ?

kiterunner
03-11-16, 10:09
Timothy and Ann are both of the township of Stretford on that marriage, Timothy a weaver, Ann a spinster. The only witness is Henry Aspinall but he is a witness to a lot of marriages. The marriage was at Manchester Cathedral, not where you said in your post (from image on ancestry).
Anne Haslam, wife of Timothy, of Partington, was buried 26 Oct 1802 at Bowdon. The PR doesn't give her age at death. (from image on FMP)

ElizabethHerts
03-11-16, 10:33
I haven't got time to post details as I'm off to the dentist, but there are Haslam wills which you could look at on FMP under Cheshire Wills.

garstonite
04-11-16, 06:17
Thank you all - I will have to check my paperwork as to where I got Carrington from ??...that is what is on my Familytree details ....bit of a puzzle now you say Manchester Cathedral ....thanks again
Allan