PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Borders Researcher

tenterfieldjulie
30-09-16, 15:18
Hi Everyone, It looks like a few early mornings from me again as I launch myself back into serious research.

I have to admit though that I think my Elizabeth/Betsey Jaffrey family need someone significantly experienced with Scottish Border research of the Non Conformist kind and more than likely Border Reivers. Has anyone done research in this area, or could suggest someone who could point me in the right direction of someone who could please?

I have visited Kelso, Kersmains farm and Hawick Heritage Centre, all who have added significantly to my research, as well as information from the ladies on here, but while we have found them on the 1841 and 1851 census, I have not found a baptism, marriage or burial for any member of the family.

Thank you. Julie

JBee
30-09-16, 19:26
Have you looked at the find a grave website - just found someone buried in a private cemetary (I'd never heard of) which also gave their approximate year of birth. Also it often gives relationships of those buried with them.

No comformists can be a pain especially if they have adult baptisms.

tenterfieldjulie
01-10-16, 00:39
Thanks JBee I haven't used that site. It is soo long since I've done any research that my mind is going in a thousand directions all at once. Cheers.