PDA

View Full Version : FMP Britain sub

JBee
28-09-16, 08:16
What records does a 3 month FMP Britain sub cover please?

kiterunner
28-09-16, 10:45
Hmm, I found information about the 1 month and the 12 month subs but not the 3 month.
https://www.findmypast.co.uk/pay

Not sure whether that link will take you to the right page as I think it depends on cookies. This is what it says is included:

Explore our entire library of over one billion British records, including:
Full UK census records and birth, marriage and death records dating from 1761 (Please note the 1939 Register is not included in our one month package)
The largest online collection of parish records, going all the way back to the 1500s
Extensive passenger lists of ships leaving the UK and Ireland for Australia, the US and Canada
Key military collections from the early 1600s onwards
The largest online local British newspaper collection with millions of searchable pages
Thousands of exciting new records released every week

So the big question is whether the 1939 Register is included in a 3 month sub or not. My guess is not, but you would be best to check with FMP before deciding whether to take out the subscription. They have a "chat" option on the subscription page which might help.

JBee
28-09-16, 11:35
Thanks Kate

I think the 1939 register is only available on a annual sub but I wondered how extensive the Britain sub is - probably doesn't include Northern Ireland but might include newspapers.

Am really waiting for an offer for a world sub (suddenly found people going to Australia just as sub finished lol).

kiterunner
28-09-16, 11:43
It won't include Northern Ireland as that comes under the Ireland sub. And I'm sorry to say that they list the Irish Newspapers separately from the British ones (i.e. they have a separate search for them.) Whereas a British Newspaper Archive sub covers both Britain and Ireland together.

JBee
28-09-16, 12:12
Thanks Kate

Why do you always want something after your sub expires lol.