PDA

View Full Version : Scotland's People relaunch

kiterunner
26-09-16, 11:39
https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

(thread title and this post edited now it is actually live)

JBee
26-09-16, 13:10
No still not available

maggie_4_7
26-09-16, 13:38
I actually got into the new site about 4am Sunday!

James18
26-09-16, 14:41
What's new?

maggie_4_7
26-09-16, 16:12
See my post in this thread

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=326925#post326925

kiterunner
26-09-16, 16:51
They have just posted this on Facebook:

Update on new ScotlandsPeople website
As most of you will be aware, the new ScotlandsPeople website was scheduled to launch today (Monday 26 September).
While every effort has been made to meet this deadline, it has become apparent that we need a bit more time to test the new site and satisfy ourselves that it is completely ready for launch.
We now expect the new ScotlandsPeople website to go live within the next few days.
Remember, once you log-in to the new site for the first time you will see that your credits, saved images and searches are all be available.
Thank you all for your continued patience and support. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you to the new site soon.

James18
26-09-16, 23:26
Thanks, Kate. :)

kiterunner
28-09-16, 13:25
They say on Facebook that "there will be more news on [i.e. about] the new website this afternoon."

kiterunner
28-09-16, 16:00
The new website is live now:

https://scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

kiterunner
28-09-16, 16:17
When you log in, it will force you to change your password, or at least it will if your old one doesn't meet their new rules.

ElizabethHerts
28-09-16, 16:19
I've lost all my saved images as I have had to re-register. I've just sent them an e-mail so I wonder how long it will be before they sort this out.

kiterunner
28-09-16, 16:23
Wow, I love the new search facility! You get to see the list of search results without paying, and it shows you more information than before on the list of results, so you are less likely to view the wrong image.

I have only just started trying things out, but I see that when you search the OPR baptisms, the options for "refine your search" allow you to put in parents' names, though I am having trouble getting this to work at the moment.

Anyway, it looks much more flexible than the old search facility.

maggie_4_7
28-09-16, 17:07
Slightly different to what I saw at 4am on Sunday.

I don't like it.

kiterunner
28-09-16, 17:09
They have added Presbyterian records.

I keep getting "no results" on searches which I think should produce some results; not sure whether I am doing something wrong or if the search isn't working properly.

Janet
28-09-16, 21:26
I'm in after changing my password. When I did this, I at first encountered a message that something was wrong and I must contact them. (I've forgotten the exact wording.) Ignoring this, I closed out all tabs for their website and went back in using Kite's link in post #9. (Thank you, Kite.) As I was not sure whether the password change had registered or not, I first used my old password. That did not work. I then tried the new password and was immediately admitted.

kiterunner
29-09-16, 12:59
Is anyone else having trouble with the new search? I keep getting no results. I suppose I could try watching the video...

edit: I watched the video showing how to search but it didn't help. :(

maggie_4_7
29-09-16, 13:41
Once you get search results it is exactly how I saw it Sunday a 4am with search function on left bar.

I am not keen I must admit.

Also when searching for marriages, I remember that you saw spouse name on the list next to groom on all records, whether old or recent, and vice versa, now it is a link and that costs 5 credits! Recent marriages have surname!

Or am I going mad?

Edit: no it isn't charging me now it is a pop up.

kiterunner
29-09-16, 18:50
I see some people have posted that they are also getting no results from searches which should have results, and SP have replied that they tried the same search and did get the proper results. Doesn't really help!

kiterunner
02-10-16, 15:51
Scotland's People have posted this about "known technical issues":

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/technical-help/known-technical-issues

kiterunner
20-04-18, 21:54
I have been having another go with the new search facility on SP today and finding lots of entries I hadn't found before, so I assume they have fixed the search problems some time in the last 18 months!