PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

garstonite
10-06-16, 06:22
Good morning
my Brother is 70 and his father in law is 92 .
He has started talking about his family - he has a health issue and we know he was b 1924 in Birkenhead - he married in Garston
his mothers maiden name was Sudlow - there are TWO marriages of McCann to Sudlow 1922 and 1924 in Birkenhead

freebmd doesn't have the1922 or 1924 christian names listed
cheshire bmd doesn't have the marriages either
could some kind soul please try to find her christian names please of both brides...for the record - my brothers father in law has the same name as the 1924 marriage - but - he could have been named after an uncle couldn't he ?

I would then like to go further back and find his ancestors as a little something for him to read
thanks a lot
allan

Merry
10-06-16, 07:39
I'm not finding any McCann to Sudlow marriages in Birkenhead 1922-24. As you said there were no first names listed I wondered if you were looking at births by mistake as there are two of those!?

Merry
10-06-16, 07:40
What about this marriage?

Marriages Sep 1921
McCann Thomas Sudlow Birkenhead 8a 1395
Sudlow Agnes McCann Birkenhead 8a 1395

Merry
10-06-16, 07:42
my brothers father in law has the same name as the 1924 marriage

I think you were looking at the birth reg again, so of course the name would be "the same"!

Were you down the pub last night? :D:D:D

garstonite
10-06-16, 08:52
hin hic ...yes Merry ....oh the shame ...lol
that will be the marriage I am looking for - I will see if it is on cheshbmd
thanks very much Merry
can't believe how bl**dy stupid that was ...lol

added
it is on Cheshirebmd ...I will get my brother to purchase it as a present

kiterunner
10-06-16, 09:10
hin hic ...yes Merry ....oh the shame ...lol
that will be the marriage I am looking for - I will see if it is on cheshbmd
thanks very much Merry
can't believe how bl**dy stupid that was ...lol

*whispers* Merry certainly didn't do anything on this very thread (posts now gone) to suggest that she had been out drinking too!

Merry
10-06-16, 11:40
lol Kate! *pushes empties behind sofa!*

Never mind Allan! I'm sure all of us (probably not including Kate!) have done similar a load of times already :)

Merry
10-06-16, 16:19
Things that I came across......

Agnes Sudlow's birth reg is this one:

Births Sep 1895
Sudlow Agnes W. Derby 8b 418

She was probably baptised at the end of the six weeks available, or it was a late registration, as her baptism (at St Francis de Sales, Liverpool) gives her dob as 22 May 1895 and the baptism on 27 May 1895. Her parents are given as Walter and Elizabeth Sudlow nee Rielly.

Written alongside the entry it says "Married 27th May 1921 at St Joseph Seacombe, Thomas McCann".

Here's her death entry:

Name: Agnes McCann
Birth Date: 22 May 1895
Date of Registration: Mar 1970
Age at Death: 74
Registration district: Birkenhead
Inferred County: Cheshire
Volume: 10a
Page: 139

I only looked at this because I was going to tell you what is on the 1939 register as I thought that might be of interest, plus it might have given us Thomas McCann's dob if he had been with Agnes. However, having definitely found Agnes (right dob) I was disappointed that she only seems to have one other person in her household (a closed entry, so possibly one of her several children?). Anyway, this is Agnes's entry:

2 Liverpool Road, Neston, Cheshire

Agnes McCann dob 22 May 1895 occ Unpaid Domestic Duties Married
One closed record

After her occupation it also says "evacuee" but this has been crossed through.