PDA

View Full Version : FMP discount

Kit
27-04-16, 08:33
FMP.co.uk just sent me a discount of 33% if i subscribe by 30 April.

My current sub expires on 4 August.

Normally these discounts are for new members and as I am a current member wont work but this one is.

I can pay 104.49 pounds for a world sub.

Is this a good deal do you think?

I'm not sure what the automatic renewal discount is.

kiterunner
27-04-16, 09:25
When they put their prices up in February of this year, FMP announced that the new prices were only for new subscribers and that they would be freezing the prices for renewals of annual subscriptions. If you have a world sub purchased through the UK site, that means that the price should be 129.50 GBP, according to this Irish Genealogy News blog post, which also shows the rates for the other FMP sites at that date:
http://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2016/01/findmypast-to-increase-costs-of.html

Their Terms and Conditions still show that you are entitled to a 10% loyalty discount when you renew an annual subscription. But it says "a loyalty discount of 10% off our listed Subscription price", and I don't know what they mean by the listed price - the price for new subscribers or the frozen renewal price for existing subscribers? But even if it is 10% off the frozen price, the price you have been offered looks cheaper than this would be.

Kit
27-04-16, 09:32
My world sub was through the US site as I had the beta testing site which was $60 a year for several years. It was hard to use though and I also got a sub to the UK site. Then they merged all sites and I ended up with one sub. I can only use this discount on the UK site though.

James18
27-04-16, 15:34
I got a 1-month UK sub for £1 last week, as I wanted to check a few baptism & burial records which aren't on Ancestry.

Kit
30-04-16, 06:51
I'm sorry I should have put the code here before.

It is 12W33

and it is for fmp.co.uk - 33% of the price of a 12 month world sub.