PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry issues?

Merry
16-04-16, 07:47
If I do a search on Ancestry and get a result or results in this database:

Bristol, England, Select Church of England Parish Registers, 1720-1933

when I click to see the results there's never anything listed! I've noticed this for about three or four days but hadn't looked at it before that for a while.

Also in the England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005 the find spouse option doesn't work any more. Obviously I can get round this one, but wondered if everyone else is getting the same experience?

maggie_4_7
16-04-16, 08:04
Yes I notice the Find Spouse wasn't working yesterday, it is a nuisance hopefully it is just a glitch.

I have reported it.

Merry
16-04-16, 08:27
Thanks Maggie.

Merry
16-04-16, 09:12
I've just done another search on this dataset: Bristol, England, Select Church of England Parish Registers, 1720-1933 and realise when I said "when I click to see the results there's never anything listed!" that's not correct. I just did a more random search from the main search page and the results list showed 196 results, but only 14 when I opened the set (so not "never anything" lol). I think when I use the specific search for that dataset only I get the correct number of results (14 in this case).

kiterunner
16-04-16, 09:59
I saw people asking about the "find spouse" problem on ancestry's Facebook page a few days ago, so ancestry are definitely aware of it.

James18
16-04-16, 10:59
I saw people asking about the "find spouse" problem on ancestry's Facebook page a few days ago, so ancestry are definitely aware of it.
Yes, I've noticed this a few times myself, though haven't reported it yet. Sometimes a marriage record will show 'Find Spouse:' but the corresponding entry will be blank, and so you have to search manually.