PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry Public Family trees

Lynn the Forest Fan
27-03-16, 12:28
I have been making use of the free weekend of Ancestry to follow up on a few records. I have found a Public member tree that I would be interested in looking at, but this obviously isn't included in the free weekend. Would sks be able to look at it for me please?

The person I am looking at is Walter Valentine Rennie c1878 Hackney, married to Florence Miriam Stamford. There are 2 trees including him and I would be particularly interested in his children & if there were any grandchildren, I would love to find cousins in Canada.

Many thanks

Shona
27-03-16, 13:23
Hi Lynn,

I have had a look at the two trees. The first has the following info:

One of the trees names four out of five children:
- Charles Valentine Rennie, b 1901, England
- Thomas Rennie, b 1904, England
- Ruby Winnifred Rennie, b 1905 England
- Frederic Rennie, b 1910, Canada
- PRIVATE

The trees say Walter arrived in Canada in 1905 and that in 1911, he was living in Hochelaga, Quebec. He dies on 30 Jan 1936 in Qutremont, Quebec, and was buries on 1 Feb 1936 in Mont Royal Cemetery, Montreal.

The second tree I looked at has no details of any children - simply has Private listed once.

Shona
27-03-16, 13:35
There is a marriage record for Charles Rennie (parents are named on the record, so it is him) to Doris Margaret Sarah Lamont (I think) in 1936.

Lynn the Forest Fan
27-03-16, 14:17
Thanks Shona, I already had those details, although I had Doris' surname as Tarrant. The youngest child was born in 1917, so perhaps is the one that the owner of the tree is descended from, hence it being private.