PDA

View Full Version : Annoying brickwalls

JBee
14-03-16, 08:38
I have several brick walls on one particular tree that refuse to be knocked down.

They are mostly twigs or from where it is difficult to find records.

I've asked for help before but no-one was able to find an answer.

So frustrating lol.

but isn't this what's its about???!!!!

kiterunner
14-03-16, 08:54
Have we looked at them recently on here, Julie? If not then please link to the old threads as there may be stuff that has come online since we last looked.

JBee
14-03-16, 11:20
Thanks Kite

Have found my previous thread for the Smiths.

vita
15-03-16, 15:02
Know just what you mean, Julie. Despite the very best efforts of those here & on other

sited previously 2xg grandmother Harriett Salter refuses to give up her true identity.

Hate to use the phrase "given up" but I think in her case its all I can do.

Nell
19-03-16, 12:17
My biggest and most puzzling brickwall is my gt grandmother Emma's 2nd marriage to John Garvie. I know it must have happened between May 1879 when she was widowed and Spring 1881 when she appears with John on the census. But not a trace!

Mind you, I know what the marriage cert would say roughly, apart from the addresses of bride and groom and the witnesses. Irksome, nonetheless.

Mary from Italy
19-03-16, 18:29
Maybe they didn't marry? Have you checked to see if he was already married to someone else?

Nell
19-03-16, 19:48
Yes I have. I can't think that they didn't, they had no reason not to. On the 1911 census, Emma, now widowed, gives the length of her marriage which would indicate they married in 1880.

Merry
19-03-16, 21:16
Yes I have. I can't think that they didn't, they had no reason not to. On the 1911 census, Emma, now widowed, gives the length of her marriage which would indicate they married in 1880.

Nell, I know you've always said there was no chance they didn't marry, but I did just wonder if you had ever investigated the marriage of a John Garvie in St George in the East in 1876? I can't seem to find the couple after this which just made me wonder if it was your John?