Licence date 14 Sep 1763
Groom's last name CALLION
Bride's last name DAVIS
Place Dioceses of the Province of Canterbury
Record set Vicar General Marriage Licences
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Marriages & divorces
Collections from Great Britain

Does anyone know where I can obtain the paperwork for this marriage licence?

I am trying to estabilish the age of Daneil Callion/Caillion/Callieu. Some trees have a baptism of 1720, but he would have been 43, so I want to discover more.

ElizabethHerts
20-02-16, 18:50
I've just found this information:

Order copies of documents

You can order copies of the original documents from the Society of Genealogists for £15 including postage. Upon receipt of your payment, the Society of Genealogists will locate, copy and send you a copy of the record you are interested in within 14 days.

I wonder if they are obtainable elsewhere?

I might go in person. I'll have to enquire about the cost.

kiterunner
20-02-16, 19:06
I don't think they are available anywhere else. My ancestors Nathaniel Hodges and Mary Buttall are on there but I've never been able to justify the cost of ordering theirs.

Mary from Italy
20-02-16, 19:20
You could try contacting Canterbury Cathedral archives; I once got a photocopy of a marriage from them. Can't remember how much it cost, though.

ElizabethHerts
20-02-16, 19:39
It's not for me so I have trouble justifying the cost. I'm doing a tree as a present. These are 6x-great-grandparents. The family were weavers and I assume Huguenots.

It's rather hit and miss with marriage allegations/licences. Sometimes there is minimal information, sometimes lots of information.

Thanks for your replies, Kate and Mary.