PDA

View Full Version : ancestry.co.uk problems

Val in Oz
02-02-16, 02:28
Suddenly, when I log in to ancestry for the census I no longer have the page where I can type in the person's name and information.
Instead I am receiving a page stating that the collection is provided in association with national Archives and I have to fill in the county, then parish, then registration district, this gives me the start of the census book for that area.
This is for all the census.

I have tried logging out and logging back in but it is always the same.
Can anyone suggest why this has happened, has it happened to anyone else, and how can I find the 'old way' of looking through the census please.

Merry
02-02-16, 05:53
That hasn't happened to me (yet!).

This is the general search page I use:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/?new=1

or maybe you use this one for the censuses?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/group/ukicen

If you see anything familiar you could save it to your favourites and delete the other link?

kiterunner
02-02-16, 07:30
It sounds as though you are only getting the "browse" facility, Val. Sometimes the search form doesn't load and you have to refresh the page for it to appear. Or try using a different browser.

Val in Oz
02-02-16, 09:11
I clicked on both of those Merry and I went straight into my own pages - the same unfortunately.
I did try using another browser Kite with no luck.

I think I might try logging out completely, and give it a few days and then try again - with a different browser.
(I am wondering if they know I have just subscribed to FMP and it is payback....just joking)

If all else fails I will contact them direct to see what is going on.
Thank you

kiterunner
02-02-16, 09:18
I wonder if there is a problem with JavaScript (or something similar) on your computer, Val?

Val in Oz
02-02-16, 09:51
I will check that out tomorrow Kite and if it doesn't work I will phone them. I have their number but it is too late here now to contact them. Thanks for your suggestions. It does indeed look as though I just have their 'browse' facility.

Val in Oz
02-02-16, 22:38
All fixed now thank you.
The lass on the phone was very helpful and it seems there was something wrong with the browser I had been using. I have now logged out of there and am using a new one.
Phew..............I can't live without my ancestry sub!!!!!:d:d:d

Kit
03-02-16, 02:20
Even if you aren't doing any research you need to know the sub is there ready and waiting. lol

Merry
03-02-16, 05:49
Phew..............I can't live without my ancestry sub!!!!!:d:d:d

Spoken like a true addict!!! :D

Glad to hear it's fixed now Val. :)