PDA

View Full Version : Any Ancestry & FMP sub deals?

JayG
21-12-15, 15:11
My FMP sub expires tomorrow & it's been a couple of years since I had an Ancestry sub. Does anyone know of any deals at the moment?

Thanks

Rick
27-12-15, 13:10
50% of annual World sub - makes it about £20 cheaper than a British annual sub.....http://www.findmypast.co.uk/xmas-offer?dclid=COCQ6a_Q-ckCFUfcGwodvPMMUQ

Edit - oops might have misread that if you wanted Ancestry deals.

JayG
27-12-15, 15:16
Thanks Rick, just what i'm looking for.

Still interested in finding a deal for an Ancestry sub too.

James18
27-12-15, 16:13
Jay, if you want an Ancestry sub I'd recommend buying a copy of FTM from Amazon. Even if you don't intend to use the software, for about £25 you're still getting a six month premium sub from Ancestry. I'm not sure how it works if you already have an account & trees, though, as this is my first sub. I'd hope there is a way to renew your existing sub rather than having to open a new account, but probably not =/

Rick
27-12-15, 16:53
Thanks Rick, just what i'm looking for.

Still interested in finding a deal for an Ancestry sub too.

I've read on facebook that they are offering 10% off subscriptions this weekend, but no instructions on how to get the discount. Might be worth contacting them. They rarely offer discounts.

JayG
28-12-15, 11:38
Thanks James & Rick.

I can't seen to find any decent FTM on Amazon or ebay but i'll keep looking. I'll try & find a number & ring Ancestry.

kiterunner
30-12-15, 12:41
Genes Reunited are offering a 1 month Platinum sub for £1 but you have to make sure your sub doesn't auto-renew as renewals will be charged at £19.95 per month. The offer code is GRSYFT15 and has to be used by 1 Jan. The Platinum sub includes BMD indexes and censuses, plus "WW1 and WW2 death records", but not the rest of FMP's databases unless you pay extra.

The British Newspaper Archive also has an offer of 1 month for £1 - discount code 1939TRYBNA1FOR1. After the initial 1 month period your subscription will be automatically renewed at the normal price of £12.95, unless you un-tick the 'auto-renew my subscription’ box in the My Account section of the site. Offer expires 23:59pm 31st December 2015.