PDA

View Full Version : Our Guy in Latvia - Channel 4 9 p.m. 14th Dec

kiterunner
14-12-15, 16:50
This looks very similar to "Who Do You Think You Are", but is on Channel 4 (9 p.m. tonight). It will be on Channel 4 + 1 at 10 p.m. and then is repeated on 4Seven on Tuesday at 11:10 p.m. and again on 4Seven on Thursday at 10 p.m. It will also be available on All 4 (the Channel 4 equivalent of iPlayer.) So many chances to see it! Oops, nearly forgot to say it is Guy Martin finding out about his Latvian grandfather.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our-guy-in-latvia/episode-guide

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dv6sgr/our-guy-in-latvia

Margaret in Burton
14-12-15, 18:20
Sky + set

Olde Crone
14-12-15, 22:22
I watched this but sorry to say, not impressed. I didn't feel I learned anything about the individual man, just what he and thousands of other Latvians went through in the war.

OC

kiterunner
15-12-15, 09:17
I haven't watched it yet but I have recorded it. OH is a Guy Martin fan, so I have to wait till he is around to watch it together.

James18
16-12-15, 02:27
I like Guy Martin, who's from not far from me. Did anyone see his documentary about the last Vulcan flight?

Jill
16-12-15, 17:46
We watched the Vulcan flight one as one of my sons had been travelling to various airshows see it fly (and was at Shoreham when the tragedy happened). I was going to get him the new autobiography for Christmas but he has already bought it :(

Margaret in Burton
16-12-15, 18:05
I've just watched Our Guy in Latvia and really enjoyed it. I do like Guy Martin. Down to earth and no nonsense about him.

kiterunner
20-12-15, 18:02
I watched it this afternoon. It was so like WDYTYA that I was surprised not to hear the theme tune! I found it hard to understand what Guy Martin was saying a lot of the time.

James18
20-12-15, 18:22
I found it hard to understand what Guy Martin was saying a lot of the time.
Haha! :D:D:D

Shona
20-12-15, 22:33
I watched it this afternoon. It was so like WDYTYA that I was surprised not to hear the theme tune! I found it hard to understand what Guy Martin was saying a lot of the time.

He is from Grimsby, but it's the oddest Grimsby accent I've heard.

James18
20-12-15, 23:09
It's certainly not what you'd call a typical Grimsby accent. Very rural, very old-school, one of those dying breed kind of local accents you read of in books about obscure dialects from particular areas. I have heard one or two people with similar accents, but they were a lot older than Guy Martin.