PDA

View Full Version : New ancestry

kiterunner
14-12-15, 13:16
I thought ancestry were switching all us stragglers over to "new ancestry" on the 15th Dec, but I seem to have been switched already. I don't see much difference in functionality, mostly just the way things look.

If you don't like the extra stuff on people's timelines on your family tree, click for the "Show" dropdown menu and untick "Family Events and / or "Historical Insights". It seems to turn it off for everyone in your tree when you do this just once, thank goodness.

And if you're wondering how to search for a name in your tree, there is a button next to the name of your tree, at the top of the screen, with a silhouette and a magnifying glass on it - just click on that.

kiterunner
14-12-15, 13:22
Oh, and if you don't like the "Lifestory" in your tree, just click on "Facts" next to it. Sorry, I forgot I had done that first thing!

maggie_4_7
14-12-15, 13:50
Yep me too.

Don't like it *sulks*.

kiterunner
14-12-15, 14:13
I have found one improvement - when you add someone's child to your tree, it gives you the option of adding a son or a daughter instead of having to add a "child" and then remember to select the gender. Of course, this isn't so useful if you don't know the child's gender!

maggie_4_7
19-12-15, 05:19
I hate it. It is so cluttered and messy.

If you don't like all the family events showing in timeline go to the Show button and uncheck Family Events.

JBee
19-12-15, 08:28
On old version - you could print off a profile which was neat and tidy - showing census details and children on one sheet. Great for paper records - now it goes over at least 2 pages and is a pain to decypher.

I had planned to print off all my main lines before it changed but unfortunately I wasn't able to - wish I had option to go back to old version.