PDA

View Full Version : 1939 Register Guildford

ElizabethHerts
29-11-15, 13:07
I have taken the plunge and have bought some credits for the 1939 Register.

So far I have just unlocked the record for my grandmother. As I thought, she is in the family home with two closed people (probably my aunts, although one could be my mother) and her widowed sister-in-law and probably one of her children.

However, the map attached is rubbish as it shows the house as being in Chantry View Road (where a great-aunt lived) and it doesn't show it in the correct place at all!

Also I was very disappointed with the other information we are paying for. I could find out a lot of it by googling, etc., and I don't want to pay extra for it. I'd prefer to pay less and just get the record.

I want to unlock the closed records but I would have to guess which two of the three children is there and which is missing! I suspect my mother is missing, but where she would be I don't know. She was at University at the Royal Veterinary College in London, but didn't live there. She drove up or went by train. I know during the war they were evacuated to the Sonning/Streatley area but I don't know where. Of course, she could be staying with friends.