PDA

View Full Version : FMP World 75% off offer

Just Gillian
24-11-15, 22:02
I received an email from FMP today wishing me Happy Thanksgiving and giving me a code for 75% off a twelve month World sub.

I was a bit suspicious as the offer (just over £33 for 12 months) seemed almost too good to be true, so I didn't click on the link but went on to FMP.co.uk via my bookmark. When I entered the code I was told it was no longer valid. But when I went on to .com (using the identical log in details) it accepted the code and quoted me the price in US dollars.

I always assumed .com and .co.uk were just separate addresses. Are they actually separate companies?

For anyone interested, the code is THNKSGNG15 and it expires 30th November.

kiterunner
24-11-15, 22:08
I always assumed .com and .co.uk were just separate addresses. Are they actually separate companies?

They are all part of Findmypast but some discount codes only work on one of their sites. I know because it turned out that the code they sent me for a discount on the 1939 Register would only work on the Australian site.

Thanks very much for the tip, Gillian!

kiterunner
24-11-15, 22:15
For anyone taking out one of these subs, you should note that the Terms and Conditions say that the sub will be automatically renewed (after a year) at the full rate minus a loyalty discount, unless you turn off automatic renewals (My account - Personal details, then scroll down to the bottom.)

Just Gillian
24-11-15, 22:21
You're welcome Kate :)

Thanks for the information about different codes for different FMP sites. I recently consolidated various password notebooks into one and discovered I actually had two FMP logins - I must have rejoined via the .com site when I lost my original login details.

After getting such a bargain, I might even have to celebrate Thanksgiving this year :d

I'm gutted though - I paid £1 to the BNA the other night for a month's sub and I could have saved that money!

Thanks for the reminder re auto renewal too!

kiterunner
24-11-15, 22:47
I believe they merged accounts from the various different sites together when they merged the sites, Gillian, so anyone who had registered with more than one of the sites using the same email address ended up with only one account. Or did you use a different email address for each one?

James18
25-11-15, 00:23
Happy Thanksgiving... hmm, I guess that means it's just a -75% offer for US customers then? Given what you've said, it does sound like it.

I'd be tempted by a -75% off discount for a World sub, but I too have a UK account.

kiterunner
25-11-15, 06:50
Happy Thanksgiving... hmm, I guess that means it's just a -75% offer for US customers then? Given what you've said, it does sound like it.

I'd be tempted by a -75% off discount for a World sub, but I too have a UK account.

It sounds as though the code will only work on the US site, James, but as I said, when they merged the sites, they merged accounts, so you can use the same account to log on to any of the FMP international sites. Though you would have to pay in US dollars if you are subscribing via the US site, using that code. Once you have paid for the subscription, your sub will work on any of the FMP sites.

Just Gillian
25-11-15, 07:25
I believe they merged accounts from the various different sites together when they merged the sites, Gillian, so anyone who had registered with more than one of the sites using the same email address ended up with only one account. Or did you use a different email address for each one?

Yes, they are different email addresses Kate.

Durham Lady
25-11-15, 08:22
My World subs ran out the day before the offer was made so I used the link someone on one of the FB sites gave. I got the WW sub for $49.88 and it linked to my .co.uk account without a problem. I'm so pleased I didn't renew when they sent the e-mail reminder :)

James18
25-11-15, 11:20
$49.88?

According to Google that's £33.08. Hmm. It is tempting.