PDA

View Full Version : Farrow Salter

kiterunner
06-11-15, 09:38
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Farrow Salter
Date and place of birth About 1699, Lowestoft, Suffolk
Names of parents Thomas Salter and Judith nee Farro
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 22 Jan 1722 St Nicholas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, to Rebecca Unknown
Occupation(s) - if any Mariner
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Date, place and cause of death Jan 1771 Lowestoft, Suffolk, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 7 Jan 1771 St Margaret's, Lowestoft, Suffolk, age 71
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to son's thread:
Farrow Salter (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=18645)

There is a parish register entry for Farrow's marriage, but it doesn't give his wife's name. It does say that Farrow was "of Lowestoft".

kiterunner
06-11-15, 13:43
Ooh, I've spotted a chancery case "bill and answer" from 1739 listed on TNA's catalogue where Farrow Salter, mariner of Lowestoft, was plaintiff, and defendants were Henry Bell and Christian his wife (Christian being Farrow's sister), Ann Salter (another sister) and Ann Kell. Thomas Salter's will mentioned "my sister Ann Kell" but looking through the Lowestoft PR's, it looks as though she may have been Judith Farrow's sister. Anyway, now I have Farrow's occupation! Not a big surprise that he was a mariner.

ElizabethHerts
06-11-15, 16:14
A good name to research, Kate.

kiterunner
06-11-15, 17:36
Yes, it is, Elizabeth. There are loads of Salters in the Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth area, but only a few Farrow Salters, all closely related. I've managed to get the Farrow side back a couple of generations today, thanks to the Lowestoft PR's being in with the Norfolk PR's on FamilySearch.