PDA

View Full Version : Too impatient....

Merry
20-10-15, 11:32
Can I still do a census search on fmp with marital status? If so, on which search page is it hiding?

ElizabethHerts
20-10-15, 11:38
I can't see that it is possible, Merry, but you could enter "married" or "single" in the "Optional Keywords" box at the bottom of the form.

http://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-united-kingdom-records-in-census-land-and-surveys/and_census

kiterunner
20-10-15, 11:39
You have to select the particular census that you want from the "A-Z of record sets"; then each of the censuses from 1861 through to 1911 has a Marital Status option on its individual search page. Not sure why 1851 doesn't.

ElizabethHerts
20-10-15, 11:41
Kate, it's frustrating that it doesn't work for a blanket search across all censuses.

ElizabethHerts
20-10-15, 11:43
I usually find FMP quite easy to use and I think it is because I'm usually very specific in which record set I use. I have been doing a lot of Cornish research and I go straight to the record set I want. There are some of the earlier BMBs which Cornwall OPC hasn't transcribed yet.

Merry
20-10-15, 11:43
Thanks you two. Kate, it was the 1851 I was looking at, so that explains why the status box wasn't there.

I'll try single or unmarried in the optional keywords box and see if that works........

Merry
20-10-15, 11:50
Hmmm, well it worked, but the results don't appear to include the person I was hoping to find (if they were recognisable that is!).....so back to the drawing board!

Thanks again :D