PDA

View Full Version : Walter Ferrier

kiterunner
09-10-15, 15:51
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Walter Ferrier or Fairer
Date and place of birth Don't know
Names of parents Don't know
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 20 Dec 1695 Mid Calder, Midlothian, to Margaret Denholm
Occupation(s) - if any Stabler
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1696 Mid Calder, Midlothian, Scotland
1702 - 1715 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
Date, place and cause of death Don't know
Date and place of burial. Not found
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable None found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to son's thread:
David Ferrier (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18456)

Unfortunately I don't know the names of Walter and Margaret's eldest son, which would likely give some clues as to his father's name, because the first child I know of is Margaret born 1696 and the second Margaret born 1700, and there must be one or two missing in between. There could be a William but I don't know for sure.

I have a few notes that I put in my tree a while ago:
Burial at St Cuthbert's Edinburgh 2 Jun 1757 - Walter Fearier a fermer from get sid(?) in ye parish of ratho 19t from so corner tinnties ston to so cor of old kirk the di?? age 97. Could be him? But his occupation is stabler on his children's baptisms.
Possibly a few generations back in this family - Edinburgh Register of Apprentices - Fairer, John, son to Walter F, in Bonytoun, with Thomas Weir, pewderer 5 Oct 1608.
Also a testament of a David Fairer 11 Jun 1638 in Corstoun, parish of Calder, sheriffdom of Edinburgh.

kiterunner
09-10-15, 16:49
These are the two bits that I can't make out in that burial record which may or may not be him: