PDA

View Full Version : Can you export a copy of your tree from Tribal pages?

JBee
09-10-15, 12:24
I just made a quick free tree for someone on tribal pages but I wasn't able to print off what I wanted.

So can you download a copy of the gedcom from it which I could put on my FTM and print off the necessary.

kiterunner
09-10-15, 12:44
I found some info but I don't know how up-to-date it is as it doesn't seem to show a year:
https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/forum?f=2&v=1&mid=66874&rid=66874

Margaret in Burton
09-10-15, 12:59
I think you can if you have a paid account but not on the free one.

JBee
09-10-15, 16:42
Thanks looks like I'll have to redo it on FTM.

Glen TK
12-10-15, 13:53
Pretty sure it's on paid accounts only, I renew every year, it's only about £10 and lets you store 2,500 characters in notes for each individual and upload a lot more images.

Log in as Admin and look under the tools tab, there are two options, Back-up and Gedcom. The former lets you backup the file to TP servers and you can then download the file if you wish. The Gedcom option is simply for uploading a new Gedcom file and over writing your existing tree.

JBee
12-10-15, 14:55
Thanks Glen - will have a go.

I didn't put this tree on ancestry or FTM as I hadn't got permission from the compiler - thought I could just print out a report for him to read and correct and possibly a chart. Have one paid tree on tribal pages but several other free ones and forgot which offered what I wanted.

Can you add one tribal tree to another to merge into one big tree? If so I could add it to the paid tree on there!!!

Margaret in Burton
12-10-15, 15:50
You'd have to merge them on another program first and then upload to Tribal Pages. Uploading a gedcom wipes out the previous one.

Glen TK
12-10-15, 17:03
I've got three trees/sites on TP but only one is upgraded.

My Birth Family Tree-upgraded
Gulson Shoots and Leaves
Raby Family investigations

On your homepage there should be a Create a New Website option. Click that option and you can upload a ged file or manually enter names onto a new site, when you have multiple trees you can access them from your main homepage, just click which one you want to access/edit as needed.

I can't backup/download the "free" trees but I can produce the following reports on them

Ancestor Report (Ahnentafel)
Descendant Report (3 Generations)
Descendant Report with Pictures (3 Generations)
Family Group Sheet