PDA

View Full Version : hi this is not for me but an australian friend

brenmac
10-12-09, 08:26
i was emailed this morning asking for help,;(so i have given this site to him.he is loking for any Arundall in gloucester.i know its a big ask but can you lovely people ,i told him without your help i would still be looking for lots of mine.check for me.;)untill lucas comes on himself.he will give whatever details he has.he also has holder my family name.many thanks brenda xxx

kiterunner
10-12-09, 08:30
I think it might be easier if we wait until he comes on here and gives us the details of the particular family he is trying to trace, so we don't come up with the wrong people, Bren.

brenmac
10-12-09, 08:38
thankyou kite he is lucas larundall.i gave him the link thankyou brenda xxx

JessBow
10-12-09, 13:05
There are lots of Arundall 's on Free BMD, Yes, agree, lets wait for specifics

The only entry on FREEBMD for Glouc though is

Marriages Dec 1839
ARUNDALL Amelia Cheltenham 11 249

brenmac
10-12-09, 13:38
thankyou jess.how behind in time is australia not sure when he will get my email...many thanks brenda xxx

Merry
10-12-09, 14:16
I think they are 8 to 10 hours ahead of us Brenda.

brenmac
10-12-09, 17:42
right thankyou merry brenda xxx

brenmac
11-12-09, 07:11
jess yes im asking on ftf..... too and other places...hoping a little snippet might be found.brenda xxx

JessBow
11-12-09, 08:11
Have posted in #4 the only snippet there is on freebmd

IGI stuff is very early.

Just didn't want people to duplocate info/waste time hunting for stiff already found elsewhere

brenmac
11-12-09, 11:07
i try not to waste anybodys time.i dont see asking for help on ftf as well as here.some find info from other places.i ask for help,and if its forthcoming from ftf or here im so gratefull,and a big thankyou them too.i have asked a question if others go elsewhere and yes they do.if someone on one site finds anything then i will inform the other so they dont waste time.brenda xxxx

Merry
11-12-09, 11:26
If you spell it 'Arundell' rather than 'Arundall' then there are over 250 entries on FreeBMD for Gloucestershire.

brenmac
11-12-09, 11:35
thankyou merry,this is his email to me.
Good morning Brenda,

I live in Sydney, Australia.. I have come across your post a number of times & I was thinking I should email you. My interest in Gloucestershire History is because a number of my Ancestors come from there, Arundell, Deague,Holder, Gramet, Woods et cetera. I have hit a couple of walls in researching Family history & I'm about to hire the services of a proper Genealogist, I was wondering before I do that.. I have read many a times that the Arundells of Cornwall are extinct, but I have seen many Sons being born to them throughout the years & wondering if they (the younger sons) may of migrated to Gloucestershire and set up shop? This would mean that the line is not extinct though wouldn't it? I have read someone that the Sir Humphrey Arundell of Helland, the same who was hung, drawn and quarted after the Prayer Book Rebellion had 3 children, a Richard, a Humphrey and a daughter. I was wondering whether or not they may or not of been the start of the Arundells in Gloucestershire? It’s an uncommon name but its proving quite difficult to find any further information after Isaac Arundell, I was wondering if you know of the other names I have spoken of as well and how far back they can be dated. I have a relative here in Oz who claims that we are same way related to the Plantagenet's but I doubt her information as I don’t think it would be 100%, I'm assuming possibly if those Arundells of Humphrey migrated to Gloucestershire though, these could be the link she speaks of… as Sir Humphrey did marry a Fulford who through the Bourchier's was a descendent of Edward III, even earlier though I understand that the Arundells of Lanherne, married Alice deLanhurne who was on her Mothers side a bastard descendent of King John, any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Lucas

kiterunner
11-12-09, 11:43
Bren, I still think we need details of the line that he is trying to trace back so we have somewhere to start from. Is he trying to trace back from Isaac Arundell? I think I recognise that name from your tree?

brenmac
11-12-09, 12:00
yes i thought so but i cant find him.im off to check,thankyou ....brenda xxx

Merry
11-12-09, 12:16
Bren, I still think we need details of the line that he is trying to trace back so we have somewhere to start from. Is he trying to trace back from Isaac Arundell? I think I recognise that name from your tree?

That's exactly what I was going to say!

Merry
11-12-09, 12:22
Isaac Arundell m Ann Holder in 1790 in Minchinhampton.

That's the one, isn't it?

Have you suggested he hires out the PR films via his local LDS FHC rather than hiring a 'proper genealogist'? lol

Merry
11-12-09, 12:37
Did we decide Nathaniel, who married Mary Holder, was his brother?

Is Nathaniel the one who was bap in Rodborough? If he is then his father was Isaac too, so I'm not sure which one your contact is refering to? (could be a different Isaac entirely, of course!)

brenmac
11-12-09, 13:10
merry i hope he can get into the site i sent him the address.it seems a shame when there is so much help here.brenda xxx

Merry
11-12-09, 16:09
TBH Bren, I'm not sure what any of us can do if the info isn't on line (hardly any of Glouc in on the LDS site, for instance). It could take months of searching PRs etc at the Gloucester RO.

brenmac
11-12-09, 17:15
thankyou for your help brenda xxx

kiterunner
11-12-09, 18:50
Bren, I don't know whether you've already got this? The IGI has baptisms for Martha Arundel 3 Apr 1774 and William 20 Apr 1777, both at Rodborough, and it gives the name of William's mother (Isaac senior's wife) as Elizabeth.

brenmac
12-12-09, 08:39
thankyou kite i havent got anything only what lucas sent me.kite thankyou for helping but i think i will leave it.i do appreciate all you have done.brenda xxx

brenmac
12-12-09, 08:51
kite i googled her name and got this brenda
The Warn Family in Tetbury from 1722
Phil Warn's Family Tree
Person Page 124

Hugh Wallis IGI Batch Number link - Lynne Cleaver's Tetbury web site - My Useful Information Site - Join BMD Share and share your BMD certificates with others

Martha Arundel
F, b. circa May 1810, #5193
Pop-up Pedigree

•Father: Nathaniel Arundel b. circa January 1773
•Mother: Mary Holder b. circa 1769

•Birth*: She was born circa May 1810 at Minchinhampton, Gls, Eng.
•She was the daughter of Nathaniel Arundel and Mary Holder.
•Christening: She was christened on 20 May 1810 at Minchinhampton, Gls, Eng.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry Arundel
M, b. circa October 1812, #5194
Pop-up Pedigree

•Father: Nathaniel Arundel b. circa January 1773
•Mother: Mary Holder b. circa 1769

•Birth*: He was born circa October 1812 at Minchinhampton, Gls, Eng.
•He was the son of Nathaniel Arundel and Mary Holder.
•Christening: He was christened on 4 October 1812 at Minchinhampton, Gls, Eng.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Holder
M, #5195

•Marriage*: He married Martha Deague on 18 December 1766 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.

Family: Martha Deague

1.Ann Holder b. c Sep 1767
2.Mary Holder+ b. c 1769
3.William Holder b. c Jun 1772
4.Sarah Holder b. c Mar 1774

Martha Deague
F, #5196

•Marriage*: She married John Holder on 18 December 1766 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.
•Married Name: Her married name was Holder.

Family: John Holder

1.Ann Holder b. c Sep 1767
2.Mary Holder+ b. c 1769
3.William Holder b. c Jun 1772
4.Sarah Holder b. c Mar 1774

Ann Holder
F, b. circa September 1767, #5197
Pop-up Pedigree

•Father: John Holder
•Mother: Martha Deague

•Birth*: She was born circa September 1767 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.
•She was the daughter of John Holder and Martha Deague.
•Christening: She was christened on 22 September 1767 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.

William Holder
M, b. circa June 1772, #5198
Pop-up Pedigree

•Birth*: He was born circa June 1772 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.
•He was the son of John Holder and Martha Deague.
•Christening: He was christened on 28 June 1772 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.

Sarah Holder
F, b. circa March 1774, #5199
Pop-up Pedigree

•Birth*: She was born circa March 1774 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.
•She was the daughter of John Holder and Martha Deague.
•Christening: She was christened on 27 March 1774 at Rodborough, Gls, Eng.

kiterunner
12-12-09, 09:35
That's a different Martha Arundel, Bren - the niece of the one I posted about. But the other one is on that website too. The website doesn't go back any further than we have got, with Isaac Arundel marrying an Elizabeth unknown.

brenmac
12-12-09, 09:40
thankyou and i thought i had cracked it lol brenda xxx

kiterunner
12-12-09, 22:17
Just so we know what dates we are looking at for Sir Humphrey Arundell's family, I had a quick google and he died in 1550.

And looking at Gloucestershire Archives' online catalogue, they list a John Arundell will in the parish of Bisley, dated 1573, also a Nicholas Arondell will in Gloucester dated 1577. Looking back at FamilySearch, there are some John D'Arundels listed in Gloucestershire in the 14th century, though they are "submitted" records and could be wrong. But it does suggest there were already Arundells in Gloucestershire before the time of Sir Humphrey's children.

brenmac
13-12-09, 17:49
thankyou kite i will email this info for him,he hasnt been in touch.maybe he has some problems and will email as soon as poss.many thanks for your time om intrested too as he may be a rellie through the holder line.im checking all mine this could take me ages take care brenda xxx