PDA

View Full Version : Susanna Man

kiterunner
02-10-15, 18:23
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Susanna Man or Mann
Date and place of birth 1715 St Paul's, Norwich, Norfolk
Names of parents John Man (a weaver) and Thomasin nee Fuller
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 12 Jun 1715 Octagon Presbyterian Church, Norwich, Norfolk
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 7 Mar 1735 St George Colegate, Norwich, to Robert Wade
Occupation(s) - if any Housewife
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1736 - 1760 Norwich, Norfolk
Date, place and cause of death 1781 Norwich
Date and place of burial. 4 Oct 1781 St George Tombland, Norwich, age 66
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to daughter's thread:
Hannah Wade (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=18408)

kiterunner
02-10-15, 18:24
I have a possible burial for her: Susanna Wade buried 4 Oct 1781 at St George Tombland, Norwich, age 66, but I don't know whether it's her.

kiterunner
03-10-15, 11:10
One of Robert and Susanna's children was named John Man Wade, so it's possible that Susanna's maiden name was Man. There is a Susanna Mann christened 4 Jun 1704 at Octagon-Presbyterian, Norwich, daughter of John and Thomasin, maybe a bit old for my Susanna as her last child (Tabitha) was baptised in 1760, but the previous one was baptised in 1754 so it could be that Tabitha was born around 1755? Susanna would still be a bit old to be the one baptised 1704 though. But maybe they had a second Susanna; I need to look into them some more as I only found the baptism last thing last night. John and Thomasin did have a daughter named Tabitha which suggests I am on the right track.

kiterunner
03-10-15, 11:19
Ah yes, searching on FamilySearch some more today shows that John and Thomasin Mann had another Susanna baptised 26 Oct 1707, and then a third Susanna baptised 12 Jun 1715, also at Octagon Presbyterian. The 1715 one fits very well with the age on that 1781 burial.

Think it is definite enough to change the thread name to Susanna Man, although I still haven't found her actual marriage to Robert Wade.

kiterunner
03-10-15, 13:48
FreeREG has the marriage of John Mann, bachelor, weaver, of St Paul, to Thomazin Fuller, spinster, also of St Paul, at Norwich Cathedral 12 Jan 1698/9. John and Thomasin's children's baptisms all say weaver, of St Pauls, so definitely the right couple. John is Mr John Man on some of the baptisms.