PDA

View Full Version : Another dumb fmp Q

Merry
09-09-15, 17:42
:o

I don't think I've asked this before ;(:o

If I'm viewing a specific page on fmp is it somehow possible to turn the page to see the next image?

If there is a browse facility, how do I find the page I'm on when the record has no page number and no specific date to help me find it?

Shona
09-09-15, 18:00
Census records have a left and right arrow at the left and right of the page you are viewing, but I don't recall seeing an image number.

kiterunner
09-09-15, 18:15
Which database are you looking at, Merry?

Merry
09-09-15, 18:31
I'm viewing Boyd's Inhabitants of London.

kiterunner
09-09-15, 18:58
I can't see a way of browsing through that one. They only allow browsing on certain databases, unfortunately.

Merry
09-09-15, 21:39
That's frustrating. I'll keep prodding the index to see if I can find something.

Thanks Kate.

Mary from Italy
10-09-15, 02:46
I think there is a way of turning the page.

Go to the transcription of the entry you've found, and click on the transcription button alongside the last name in the list.

The URL will finish with a number; add 1 to that number (e.g. change 100 to 101) and you should get the transcription for the next family. You can then click on "View image" to view the image for that family.

Merry
10-09-15, 06:03
Oooh, I'm going to try that now............

Merry
10-09-15, 06:05
Yay! That worked - thank you Mary!

Needless to say, the following and previous pages were for different families, so my nosiness didn't get me anywhere, but it's good to know what to do for next time!

Thanks again :)