PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry help please.

HarrysMum
28-07-15, 05:18
Can someone tell me (in very simple words) how to search a particular set of records? Or even how to find what sets they have now.
I used to be able to do it, but have no idea anymore. Thanks.

Janet
28-07-15, 05:41
Libby, click on Search, choose Card Catalog, and you will come to a list of all their record collections.

From there you could click on "Sort By" at top right, but there are 32,701 record collections so unless you know or can guess the exact names of what you want to look at, you might be better off to play with the filters you see down the lefthand side.

At the top, mine says "Filter By Collection"; or scroll down to "Filter By Location" or "Filter By Dates" or even "Filter By Languages".

HarrysMum
28-07-15, 05:45
Well, thank you Janet. So easy when you know how.......lol

Lindsay
28-07-15, 07:34
And if you find a collection you're likely to want to come back to, save the link in 'My quick links'. Saves a lot of time and frustration later when you can't find the collection you want (I speak from experience).

HarrysMum
28-07-15, 09:35
Thanks Lindsay.......didn't know that.

Kit
28-07-15, 10:14
I set up an Ancestry favourites folder so I just click on the link for the record set I want.

Mary from Italy
28-07-15, 12:37
You can also filter by country (e.g. choose Aus records only).

Mary from Italy
28-07-15, 12:37
I set up an Ancestry favourites folder so I just click on the link for the record set I want.

Yes, that's what I've done too, and it saves a lot of time.

Kit
28-07-15, 21:44
It may have been you who said you did it originally. I can't remember.