PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Ames and Sarah Hall (Week 23 - FMMFMFFF and FMMFMFFM)

Merry
09-06-15, 10:30
Name - "official" name and what they were known as

Thomas Ames and Sarah nee Hall

Date and place of birth

Unknown

Names of parents

Unknown

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

Mar 1722 at St Mary's Lichfield, Staffordshire

Occupation(s) - if any

Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

Children baptised in Lichfield 1723-1731

Date, place and cause of death

Unknown

Date and place of burial.

Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any

Unknown

link to 5xg:

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=21472&highlight=statham

I thought I'd got more on this couple (or at least for Thomas) than is showing on my tree. I don't know why I've not added the baptism I had thought was his:

Thomas Ames bap 24 Jan 1697 Armitage, Stafford, son of Johannis

If this was the correct baptism, Thomas would have (amongst other siblings) a brother named Luke:

Luke Ames bap 5 Nov 1699 Armitage, Stafford, son of John

I have done a lot of research on this Luke, which I now can't find and can't remember what was so important about it (might have been something to do with the death of this Luke being the same time as Thomas's grandson named his son Luke Ames too (that was in 1784 in Church Lawton, Cheshire)? Maybe there's a thread on here somewhere!?!

Merry
09-06-15, 10:40
Hmm, yes, a Luke Ames (possibly the one bap in 1699), was buried at St Chad's Lichfield on 8 Jun 1784, two days after the baptism of the Luke Ames on my tree at Church Lawton.

I think I was supposed to be checking out a will for Luke senr as I didn't find much in the way of children for him and wondered if he might have left money to some more distant relatives anf thereby helping to tie my tree together. Of course the Lichfield wills index only goes up to 1760 which may have been my stumbling block!

Merry
09-06-15, 11:02
Just adding this thread link which is about the likely parents of Thomas bap 1697.

John Ames and Mary Bourne (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=21251&highlight=Cockshutt)