PDA

View Full Version : Aaaggh! fmp Q AGAIN

Merry
06-06-15, 12:21
Last time I did a census address search on fmp (all by myself lol) I thought I'd remember how to do it next time, but now I can't find which version of accessing the census search gives me the option to choose to search by address. I know I've asked before, but can't find the old thread.

Help!

kiterunner
06-06-15, 12:51
Go to A-Z of record sets and select which census you want from the list, and there should be a "Street" box near the bottom of the page.

Edit - except the 1911 census which has an "Address" box instead.

Merry
06-06-15, 13:28
Thanks. Is that all I did before then? I had a recollection of Shona directing me to a page where there was no option of putting in a name of a person as the page was dedicated to street addresses only. Maybe I dreamed it?

Thanks again. (and the blinky address doesn't seem to exist anyway! lol)

Merry
06-06-15, 13:31
Didn't we say the other day that you could no longer search for another person in a household on fmp census?

it's there now! (if it wasn't before, that is!)

Other household member

Member First Name:

Member Last Name:

Merry
06-06-15, 13:37
Thanks. Is that all I did before then? I had a recollection of Shona directing me to a page where there was no option of putting in a name of a person as the page was dedicated to street addresses only. Maybe I dreamed it?

Thanks again. (and the blinky address doesn't seem to exist anyway! lol)

The search method I was thinking off gave results as a list of streets rather than a list of names of people living at the address given.

Maybe I'll remember something more whilst out shopping :rolleyes:

See you later!

kiterunner
06-06-15, 14:18
Didn't we say the other day that you could no longer search for another person in a household on fmp census?

it's there now! (if it wasn't before, that is!)

Yes, I noticed that the other day. I think they've fixed it recently.

kiterunner
06-06-15, 14:19
The search method I was thinking off gave results as a list of streets rather than a list of names of people living at the address given.

Oh, yes, I remember now; they did used to have a separate tab for searching by address but I don't think that exists any more.

Merry
06-06-15, 17:11
but I don't think that exists any more.

Hmmmm, very unhelpful!