View Full Version : John Tyler MFMMMMFMF

ElizabethHerts
05-06-15, 08:36
Name
John Tyler

Date and place of birth

Names of parents

Date and place of baptism
He came from a well-documented Baptist family.

Details of each of his or her marriages

Children:
Mary born c. 1714 married Thomas Rose
Elizabeth married William Stevens of Aston Sanford
Peter

Occupation(s)
Wheelwright

Addresses
Haddenham, Buckinghamshire

Date, place and cause of death

Date and place of burial

Details of will / administration of their estate
First name John
Middle name -
Last name Tyler
Occupation Wheelwright
Place Haddenham
Date of will 25/10/1753
Date of probate 6/10/1761 (No Note)
Inventory
Codicil
Notes
Reference DAWe: 91/85 DAWf: 93/85
Condition of will
Original Original Will

I have transcribed it.

Memorial inscription

link to daughter Mary Tyler:
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21727&highlight=Tyler

tbc

ElizabethHerts
05-06-15, 12:05
His ancestors are confusing me slightly!

There is a book on the Baptists in Haddenham, and according to this in 1734 there were three brothers: Richard Tyler of Haddenham, wheelwright, "brother of the said Peter Tyler and John Tyler".

However, as they were Baptist the records of their life events seem to have been lost. There was a Baptist burial ground but it is not known where.

I have a will for "Peter Tyler the younger" of Haddenham, proved in 1683. He mentions a son John, and brothers John and "Jeames", a wife Elizabeth and his "loveing father Peter Tyler". The father was one of the leaders of the Baptist church in Haddenham. No other children apart from John are mentioned. So is the John of this thread the same John? If so, he would have been c. 80 years old minimum at death. But then how about the brothers Richard and Peter mentioned above?

It makes me think there might be another generation between them. Or perhaps one of the brothers John or James could have had a son John.
Or perhaps the information about the brothers was incorrect and they were cousins?

I suppose the one trace I might find would be a C of E marriage for this family, although this early they didn't have to marry in the C ofE.

I also have an earlier will for William Tylor of Haddenham, very probably the ancestor of these Tylers. He mentions:
Augustine Tylor son
two youngest children - Peter and Sybell Tylor
wife Isabell

I think Augustine was also know as Austin. There is a will:
First name Austin
Middle name -
Last name Tyler
Occupation -
Place Ford, Dinton
Date of will 17/12/1675
Date of probate 7/10/1676 (No Note)
Inventory
Codicil
Notes
Reference DAWf: 49/109
Condition of will
Original No

William Tylor mentions land in Dinton in his will and bequeaths it to Augustine.

kiterunner
05-06-15, 18:01
Do you want the thread title corrected, Elizabeth, and if so, what to? It is currently showing him as your 7xg with all the M's and F's.

kiterunner
05-06-15, 18:04
I think Augustine was also know as Austin.

I have some Augustin(e)s in my tree and it seems to have been interchangeable with Austin.

ElizabethHerts
05-06-15, 18:20
Do you want the thread title corrected, Elizabeth, and if so, what to? It is currently showing him as your 7xg with all the M's and F's.

What was I thinking! He is my 7x-great-grandfather.

Kate, could you move it to the research board, please.