PDA

View Full Version : Richard Page

Jill
29-05-15, 10:06
Father of Mary Page (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17532&highlight=mary+page)

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Richard Page
Date and place of birth
abt 1691 Fletching, Sussex
Names of parents
Richard Page and Ann Tulley (she was a widow, her first husband was Francis Tulley, though I cannot find their marriage)
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
31 Aug 1691 St Andrew & St Mary, Fletching
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
11 Sep 1718, Maresfield, Sussex by licence to Ann Norman
Occupation(s) - if any
Farmer
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK)
Fletching, Sussex
Date, place and cause of death
9 Sep 1742, Fletching, Sussex
Date and place of burial.
St Andrew & St Mary, Fletching, in a well preserved family chest tomb close to the south wall of the church, his wife and two spinster daughters Georgiana and Jane are also buried there, as well as his great grandson Henry Harland, Henry’s wife Mary and their daughter Susanna.
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Will made 2nd Aug 1742, probate 9 Oct 1742. Mentions messuage & copyhold parcels of land at Northlands surrendered to the Lord of the Manor of Sheffield, and copyhold messuages lands tenements and hereditaments of the Manor of Tarring Camois, his late father Richard, and his free hold messuage farms lands tenements hereditaments and appurtenances – everything went to Ann who was his executrix and on her death a 3 way split between daughters Mary, Georgeanna and Jane. He was not to know his wife would live to 98, so daughter Mary had died before she could inherit. The last of the two unmarried sisters, Jane, left numerous bequests to Mary's children.
Memorial inscription - if any
Here is Interr'd the Body
of Mr RICHARD PAGE
of this Parish
who departed this Life
Sepr. 9th 1742. Aged
50 Years.

Well I never, my son, Richard's 7x great grandson now lives a few fields away from Northlands mentioned above.

Jill
17-09-17, 16:45
Richard is also mentioned in the will of his father in law, John Norman, surgeon of Maresfield and is left £5 for aiding and assisting John's widow Anne who was John's sole executrix.