PDA

View Full Version : Forces records

tenterfieldjulie
13-04-15, 08:07
I am still delving into Arthur Roland Selby's war service, he was an Australian officer, served at Gallipoli with the Australian Forces.

In the 1920s he was training officers at Quetta in India where the Royal Ulster Rifles were stationed.

In late 1930 he enlisted in the RUR and in WWII he was an officer in the Royal Ulster Rifles (47947) eventually attaining the rank of Maj Gen.

I have seen a site called "Forces War Records" which has quite a lot of records that look very interesting. It says that it is free to join. Has anyone used it? It looks too good to be true. Thanks. Julie

kiterunner
13-04-15, 09:00
This is what I posted on another thread last year:

If anyone is taking out a sub, please be aware that your sub may be automatically renewed if you don't make sure to turn off automatic renewals. Also please note that last year the Advertising Standards Authority upheld a complaint against Forces Reunited, trading as Forces War Records; see this link for details:
http://asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/2/Forces-Reunited-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_211686.aspx

You can search on the site without joining but it says that registering gives you "greater access to the site", so you could try the free registration, but it will probably ask you to subscribe if you find something you want to look at. Many of their databases contain information that you could also find on other sites (hope I have worded that correctly!!!)

tenterfieldjulie
13-04-15, 10:42
Thanks Kate.

Kit
14-04-15, 07:46
I think I looked at it once but couldn't get any information without paying.