PDA

View Full Version : Attowell Wheddon

kiterunner
06-04-15, 23:17
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Attowell Wheddon, "the younger" on daughter's baptism 9 Jan 1753.
Date and place of birth 1724 Wootton Courtney, Somerset
Names of parents Thomas Wheddon and Joane nee Wheddon
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 4 Oct 1724 Wootton Courtney, Somerset
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 2 Dec 1751 St Mary's, Taunton, Somerset, to Mary White
Occupation(s) - if any Don't know
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). Wootton Courtney, Somerset
Date, place and cause of death Don't know
Date and place of burial. Not found
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to daughter's thread:
Mary Wheddon (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=17142)

There are two possible burials, both at Wootton Courtney: 24 Jan 1783 and 3 Apr 1801.

Merry
07-04-15, 09:00
There are two possible burials, both at Wootton Courtney: 24 Jan 1783 and 3 Apr 1801.

It would seem the first to be buried wrote a will:

Wills and probate Index 1300-1858 Image
Place: Somerset
Publication title: Somerset, Taunton Archdeaconry Wills Index, 1537-1799
Page number: 422
Copyright: © British Record Society
Source: British Record Society, vol 045
Category: Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory: Wills & probate
Collections from: Great Britain

I'm sure you know the following, Kate, but just in case.....

Wills proved in the Archdeaconry Courts of Taunton and Wells were, for some reason, kept in Exeter during the 2nd World War, and thus in 1942 suffered the same catastrophic fate as most Devon wills.

Do you know what age person the 'other' burial might be for?

Merry
07-04-15, 09:17
Hmmm, I see he and Mary had a son Attowell and as A senr was "the younger" in the 1750s there are still several possibilities for the burials. :(

kiterunner
07-04-15, 09:22
I did know about the fate of the Somerset wills already, Merry, but thanks. The burial transcriptions don't show the age at death.

Merry
07-04-15, 09:33
I suppose it's fairly unlikely the will (presumably written by the person buried in 1783) belonged to your A's son who would have been about 20 years of age at that date.