PDA

View Full Version : Esther Moorcroft

kiterunner
27-03-15, 13:56
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Esther Moorcroft (spelt Easter on marriage record)
Date and place of birth Don't know
Names of parents Don't know
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 25 May 1731 at St Peter, Formby, Lancashire, to Robert Sherlicor / Shorliker
Occupation(s) - if any Rabbit skin dealer (traveller)
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1733 - Formby, Lancashire
1736-1747 Birkdale, Lancashire
Date, place and cause of death Sep 1786 at Scarisbrick, Lancashire, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 2 Sep 1786 St Cuthbert, North Meols, Lancashire, double dues paid
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any
I lodged have in many a town
And travelled many a year
But age and death have brought me down
To my last lodging here."

The Annals of Southport say the following:
September 1786 Died, aged 99, Esther Sherlocker. Sixteen years later (April 16th, 1802) her husband was buried, aged 101. Thus their united ages covered two centuries.
But Robert and Esther's youngest child was baptised in 1747 and even if she was not a baby when baptised, I don't think Esther could have been as old as the Annals claim. There are two possible baptisms: Hesther Morecroft, daughter of Thomas, 4 Aug 1700 St Peter & St Paul, Ormskirk, abode Scarisbrick, and Esther Moorcroft, daughter of Robert, 25 Jun 1704 St Cuthbert, Halsall, abode Downholland. All of Esther's children that I know of were girls, so no clue to her father's name there!