PDA

View Full Version : Dumb fmp Q

Merry
06-03-15, 06:34
Where do I look to find out what a particular record set covers?

kiterunner
06-03-15, 07:05
Not a dumb question - a lot of the time they just don't make that information available. You can click on "Learn more" or "Discover more about..." for some record sets, for instance Caernarvonshire Banns:
http://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/caernarvonshire-banns
but many of their record sets don't even have that facility. And if you "browse parish" or whatever, you will get a list of parishes included but no date ranges at the individual parish level.

Merry
06-03-15, 07:58
*tuts* that's not helpful of them, is it! The record set I'm interested in doesn't have a "Learn more" (etc) facility :(

Thanks anyway.

garstonite
06-03-15, 08:38
if you can help me please - I have a Samuel Farrar / Farror / Ferrer who married in Sarnesfield , Herefordshire in 1779 - would I look up Sarnesfield records or Herefordshire Records please ?
thanks
allan
added - and Ann wants to know is it OK to freeze Donor Kebab Pitta Bread....lol

Shona
06-03-15, 08:52
You can freeze pitta bread.

garstonite
06-03-15, 09:32
Thanks Shona .......xx

kiterunner
06-03-15, 10:01
if you can help me please - I have a Samuel Farrar / Farror / Ferrer who married in Sarnesfield , Herefordshire in 1779 - would I look up Sarnesfield records or Herefordshire Records please ?

FMP doesn't have any record sets with Sarnesfield in the title and the only Herefordshire one is a directory, so you would be best to choose "Birth, marriage, death & parish records" from the Search menu, then when the page loads, choose "Marriages & Divorces" from the "All subcategories" menu and when that page loads, type Samuel in the First Name box, Farrar in the Last Name box, and make sure to tick the Name variants boxes for both of those, fill in year 1779, leave all the rest blank and click the search button. You should get 3 results, and looking through them, the third one is the one you are looking for. The record set is "England Marriages".

garstonite
06-03-15, 10:07
Thanks very much Kate - I will be searching from 12 noon ....cheers