Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Benjamin Dean(e) and Mary Spier

Date and place of birth - for both about 1720, Wokingham Berkshire

Names of parents not known
Date and place of baptism - if applicable not known

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
They married 17th Oct 1744, All Saints, Wokingham Berkshire

Occupation(s) - if any
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Wokingham Berkshire

Date, place and cause of death not known
Date and place of burial. not known

I did not post their son Benjamin Dean b 1745, so this is the link to their grandson Absalom Deane b1775, licensee of the Dog and Duck Inn at Emmbrook, Wokingham.

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11702&highlight=absalom+deane

kiterunner
17-02-15, 14:23
How do you know when and where they were born if you haven't found baptisms or parents' names for them, Marquette?

kiterunner
17-02-15, 14:58
There are a few possible baptisms for Mary at Wokingham (on FamilySearch):

Mary Spire christened 20 Sep 1716, daughter of John Spire
Mary Spire christened 20 Nov 1723, daughter of Joseph Spire and Mary
Mary Spire christened 1 Dec 1726, daughter of John Spire and Mary.

kiterunner
17-02-15, 15:16
The will of Joseph Spier of Wokingham, labourer, signed 27 Dec 1777, proved at the PCC 23 Jul 1778 mentions the following people:

My late wife Sarah Dawkins
My daughter Ann Spier only Child of my said wife Sarah Spier
My eldest Daur Mary Smither Wife of James Smither
My daughter Sarah Shorter widow
My Grandson William Deane third son of my said daughter Mary Smither by her late husband Benjamin Deane
My Grandson James Deane youngest son of my said daughter Mary Smither by her late husband Benjamin Deane.

So your Mary is likely to be the one baptised 20 Nov 1723, daughter of Joseph and Mary.

kiterunner
17-02-15, 15:20
James Smither married Mary Dean 9 Jan 1773 Easthampstead, Berkshire. So Benjamin Deane must have died before that date.

marquette
18-02-15, 02:13
Thanks Kite,

I had only assumed their birthplace as Wokingham, as all their descendents never lived anywhere else.

Thanks for the further information, on Mary, it seems to fit well, and the will of Joseph - a busy night and I have not got as far as looking for wills.

The will of Joseph Spire opens up a whole new aspect and things to look for.

I have not worked on the Deanes for a while.

Diane

marquette
18-02-15, 06:39
A bit more -

Sarah Dawkins (Donkins) was Joseph's second wife as they married 2 Mar 1756. Ann was their only child baptised in 1757.

Joseph Spire married Mary Hewett 2 Feb 1722 Wokingham.
Mary born 1723, Sarah b 1728,also Elizabeth b 1723 and Joseph b1738, the last two not mentioned in his will.

So now I know quite a bit more about the Spire family, but cannot find any deaths/burials to nicely round off my research. Now, where did we find the burials for Wokingham when I was doing the Chaplins and Trumpletts ? FMP ?