PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Rimmer

kiterunner
01-01-15, 18:53
Please note - this is not a mistake! Thomas Rimmer's daughter Margaret married Thomas Rymer's son James. The spellings are interchangeable, but it will be easier if I spell the two differently on these threads.

Name - "official" name and what they were known as Thomas Rimmer or Rymer
Date and place of birth Don't know
Names of parents Don't know
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 3 Dec 1733 at St Peter's, Formby, Lancashire, to Alice Rice
Occupation(s) - if any Don't know
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). 1737 - Formby, Lancashire. Is mentioned in son in law James Rymer's will of 1764 so was still alive then.
Date, place and cause of death Jun 1797 Ainsdale, Lancashire
Date and place of burial. 20 Jun 1797 St Peter, Formby, Lancashire - abode Ainsdale
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to daughter's thread:
Margaret Rimmer (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16307)

As with Thomas Rymer, I have only recently added him to my tree and not had time to find out anything about him yet.

Merry
01-01-15, 19:50
See Alice's thread re burial.

kiterunner
14-08-17, 22:22
Now that the images of the PR entries for Formby are available, I have found that the baptisms of Thomas and Alice's children have extra info such as "de Mile" or Mill, and then there is a Thomas, son of Thomas Rymer, Millhouse, baptised 2 Jul 1746, and a John, son of Thos Rymer, mill, Ainsdale, baptised 5 Nov 1752. So my Thomas was a miller, and his baptism isn't the one which Merry found, but probably 20 Jun 1797 - that one says Ainsdale but doesn't say whether he was a miller though.

I also found a PDF of research which someone has done on Thomas Rimmer / Rymer, miller of Ainsdale, which is going to help a lot but is going to take some time to work through!

http://tsgf.pbworks.com/f/Rimmer+of+Ainsdale.pdf