PDA

View Full Version : Jemima Thickbroom (FMMFFMM)

Merry
18-12-14, 06:06
Name - "official" name and what they were known as

Jemima Thickbroom

Date and place of birth

About 1712

Names of parents

Richard Thickbroom and Jemima nee Dakin

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

20 Mar 1712 at St Mary the Virgin, Newton Solney, Derbyshire

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

14 May 1733 at St Mary the Virgin, Newton Solney, Derbyshire to Benjamin Astle

Occupation(s) - if any

Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

In Burton-upon-Trent after marriage

Date, place and cause of death

June 1773

Date and place of burial.

21 Jun 1773 at St Modwen's, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

None found

Memorial inscription - if any

Unknown

link to 4xg:

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=21338&highlight=mary+astle

vita
18-12-14, 08:50
Oh how I wish I had Jemima in my tree! Just love that name!

Merry
18-12-14, 10:27
Yes, I was very pleased when I worked her out, vita. My other favourite from my tree is Parthena Barefoot whose name conjures up a picture!

vita
18-12-14, 12:09
Its not fair, Merry - why should one person have all the good ones in their tree?

I do remember you mentioning Jemima a few months ago.I have actually been in touch

with her & she's got a message for you if you're interested.

Merry
18-12-14, 12:16
Its not fair, Merry - why should one person have all the good ones in their tree?

I do have nearly 9,000 people in my tree, so the ratio isn't that good! I also just remembered this lady, who married in to my tree:

Lucile le Brun de Du Plessis Milne Gossage :D

I do remember you mentioning Jemima a few months ago. I have actually been in touch

with her & she's got a message for you if you're interested.

OMG - how exciting!!! What's the message?!! (I have to go out at 1.30 so apologies if I don't respond instantly!)

vita
18-12-14, 12:26
That's fine - it'll give me time to translate it from Jemima-speak. I'll post it later this

afternoon on a new thread. I believe the title will be "Jemima Jaunts" - its quite short,

but rather sweet (a bit like me!)

Hope you like it.

Merry
18-12-14, 12:34
lolol!! She must have a Berkshire accent! She lived 1737-1806 all in Caverham (then Oxon), married Daniel Wells in 1759 and had children Thomas, Anne, Mary, John, Anne (another one) and Sarah. Her OH was probably a labourer. Don't know if this will help you transate? :rolleyes:

Time to go.....

vita
18-12-14, 14:24
lolol!! She must have a Berkshire accent! She lived 1737-1806 all in Caverham (then Oxon), married Daniel Wells in 1759 and had children Thomas, Anne, Mary, John, Anne (another one) and Sarah. Her OH was probably a labourer. Don't know if this will help you transate? :rolleyes:

Time to go.....

Just to be sure nothing is lost in translation (and Jemima's message isn't

completely b******* up) - she was first married to Benjamin Astle, wasn't

she?

Merry
18-12-14, 15:02
Yes! lol I had got distracted and was talking about Parthena - message to self - don't try wrapping presents, answering the phone and vita's message when you should be in the car driving to mum's rest home! :o:o:o I didn't need to tell you about Jemima because all I know is on this thread :o:o:o

vita
18-12-14, 15:22
Well, I thought I'd lost the plot but hate to think I was partially responsible for causing you

to do so! That's ok then - right husband, right message about to be posted just for you.

Merry
18-12-14, 15:23
Don't worry, I'm always losing the plot!

Janet
19-12-14, 05:58
Hi Merry! Just poking around when I should be sound asleep in bed. :o
I'm sure you've already seen the Thickbrum spelling variant?
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brett/nsbap1701_1725.htm

Merry
19-12-14, 06:29
I had got those entries, but from a different source, Janet. However, I did find the baptism of Jemima's mother on that site and I didn't have that previously so thanks very much :D

Janet
19-12-14, 06:55
Yesssssssss! :D