c 1801 Castle Camps Cambridgeshire
Names of parents
William Taylor and Sarah (Mary per transcription) nee Rookes
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
12 April 1801 Castle Camps Cambridgeshire
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
1 August 1819 St Pancras Church, London
Occupation(s) - if any
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
I think there is an address on her death certificate, but none of her children appear to have been baptised during her lifetime.
Date, place and cause of death
Don't have cert, but it was of fever, in 1838 in St Marylebone
Date and place of burial.
30 December 1838
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
None
Memorial inscription - if any
Unlikely

Given that Mary has so common a name and dies even before 1841, you might wonder that I state her parents with such confidence. There are three circumstances which strengthen the theory:

In 1841, Mary's daughter Mary is in Manchester. No relationships are of course noted, but she is with Rebecca Horseman (nee Taylor) and Clara Taylor
On 18 March 1845, Mary's widowed husband marries Rebecca Horseman. Rebecca was born in Castle Camps, daughter of William & Sarah Taylor, as was Clara.
On 22 March 1845 Rebecca and Mary's sister Jane marries Joseph Rookes in Castle Camps. Rebecca and George Lanning are witnesses. However, Rebecca signs as Horseman. Does she forget that she was married than less a week ago, or is she concealing a relationship from the local vicar?

There is one circumstance that I find odd. Mary marries in 1819. Her eldest surviving daughter is born in 1824. She has another five surviving children, the youngest born 1837 (dates from a family bible apparently constructed c 1900) Were there no elder children? Even if they did not survive infancy, would there not have been appropriate burials? Expected in the St Pancras/Marylebone area

kiterunner
29-11-14, 22:01
Who did she marry, Phoenix?

Phoenix
30-11-14, 06:23
Whoops, sorry for omitting that!

Mary married George Lanning.

They would appear to have been livivng in George Street, off Oxford Street, throughout the 1830s.

Merry
30-11-14, 09:23
Burial from Ancestry non-con records (I wasn't sure if you had the venue):

Whitefield's Memorial Church, Camden

Burial 30 Dec 1838, entry number 4482, Mary Lanning, 36 years, St Marylebone, Com ground

Phoenix
30-11-14, 19:55
Thank you, Merry! For some reason, Ancestry omits that detail when you save a record.

Phoenix
30-11-14, 19:59
Ooh, that will please best mate! When we went on an ancestor crawl with a couple of her cousins in the summer, we got off the bus in Tottenham Court Road right outside the chapel.

I'm now baffled, in that it is bang next to Tottenham Street.

Merry
30-11-14, 22:01
Check out the Wikipedia page for Whitefield's Memorial Church - I think it said the chapel had moved, but I've forgotten the date now... :o